Rickenbacer

JustDave

Some guitar players pronounce the name "Ricken-bacher" as in Johan Sebastian Bach. The correct pronunciation is "Ricken-backer" just as it looks. 

Eddie Rickenbacker was cousins with Adolph Rickenbacker who started the guitar company. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DrumBob said:

Some guitar players pronounce the name "Ricken-bacher" as in Johan Sebastian Bach. The correct pronunciation is "Ricken-backer" just as it looks. 

Eddie Rickenbacker was cousins with Adolph Rickenbacker who started the guitar company. 

That's a very interesting tidbit! I don't know about the correct pronunciation for Eddie...he was born Rickenbacher and changed the spelling to be less German. I've read a lot of biographies, Eddie's is by far the most amazing! What a life the guy had! As a 52 year old, he spent 24 days in a life raft in the Pacific! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

That's a very interesting tidbit! I don't know about the correct pronunciation for Eddie...he was born Rickenbacher and changed the spelling to be less German. I've read a lot of biographies, Eddie's is by far the most amazing! What a life the guy had! As a 52 year old, he spent 24 days in a life raft in the Pacific! 

I have an autographed copy of his autobiography. Amazing person and life. I share examples from his life with my students  - especially in regards to work ethic.