Fall Carlisle Pix 2023

cutlasguy

As always, thanks for posting the pics! My thinking is the pics were posted Saturday morning since it's not drizzly and the sun is trying to make an appearance. Typically in the Fall the car corral is much smaller and stops around the bottom of the hill, in the Spring it's larger and extends up over the hill and onto the flat area on top. I'm a Spring vendor and have been there since day one but that's normally the only annual Carlisle event I attend. Weather permitting, we always stay set up until late Saturday afternoon. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 1:10 AM, Vinny... said:

Never been to a Carlisle affair, but this one certainly seems to have attracted modified vehicles.  Has that been the case over the years or is it a more recent transition? I am presuming the AACA Hershey Meet puts a greater emphasis on non-modified cars. Right?

Carlisle has always been open to modified and original cars.  Hershey AACA is for original cars and has a long history of that. Great back to back events for the old car enthusiast.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sftamx1 said:

Anyone know what the gorgeous '52 Hudson coupe sold for at auction?

No offense intended toward anyone or any make, but seeing the words "gorgeous" and "Hudson" in the same sentence was really hard to take - in particular referencing post-war Hudsons and especially post-AMC merger.

• Haha 1

I think its a bit of a disservice to classify Carlisle as being for modified cars. Yes they are welcome there but there are also a lot of original type cars as well. I have always thought of Carlisle as more of a 'muscle car' -post war cars- event as opposed to Hershey which was traditionally pre war. I think with the changing tastes in old cars the two events are becoming more alike than different. One can easily find prewar stuff at Carlisle as well as 60's muscle car stuff seems to be an easy find at Hershey.  If anyone has a chance attend both. Because of the timing of the fall carlisle with Hershey and it hard for me to take 2 weeks in a row off, I usually try to get to Carlisle in the spring and Hershey in the fall.

• Like 1