Caddy for sale ad says ‘35

StylishOne

2 hours ago, StylishOne said:

IMG_5766.jpeg.72f5995230472a200df4c3c83e2172d7.jpegIMG_5765.jpeg.948b1830f1dd864d0a23c7d93bb6aa1b.jpegNot my car and I don’t know this vintage well but my guess is a 42? But look at that roofline and oversized back window?  Once a Derham?  Thoughts? 

Google "1942 Cadillac photo" and that car comes up as a 1942.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It's a 1942 Cadillac model 75.   You can tell it's a 1942 and not '46-49 by the round turn signal lights in the grille.   The rear window is a later addition and is way too large.   I can't tell if it originally had a rear quarter window, or if it was filled in.   If it did, it would be a model 7519.   If it didn't have the quarter window, it would be a model 7519F (the F is for formal sedan) and would be much rarer.   It would have had a black leather top then too.  In either case, it appears the body was placed on a more modern chassis.  Below is what it could have looked like originally.  How the mighty have fallen.   

1942 Cadillac Series 75 Formal Sedan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That’s what I thought but the odd  rear window? Coachbuilt?  What about the amber front lights? Considering 42 I’m guessing was a low production year how rare would this be someone ought to save it.. Btw way do you feel it’s on a modern chassis n not just wrong wheels ?  

Thanks,

RM

Edited by StylishOne (see edit history)

The Amber front light were added on later from a 1970s car.   The rear window was also put in from another car.   It also appears the rear fenders have been bondoed to the body.  If the interior is anything like the exterior, it’s a complete disaster.  Maybe I’m wrong and just the wheels were switched, but in any case this car is a hot mess.  You can buy a nice one of these for 25-40K.  Trying to restore this one is a lost cause.  

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

getting back to the '42 Cadillac limo. it would cost huge amounts to restore it. but it's at least good as a parts car! front clip. doors. rear fenders. trunk lid. little baby chrome fins...  actually... there are things I could use on my 41 sedan! but it is fairly unique and would be a good project to get back on the road with a proper rear window and a Earl Scheib 19.95 black paint job. if it is local and at a good price i'd consider it. 

Edited by mrspeedyt (see edit history)