1933 RHD Buick Series 57 (Australia)

Vladlen

Gday

By way of a quick intro, posting some details about my newly acquired passion - the 1933 Buick Series 50, which I purchased locally at Melbourne auction.

I really don’t know much about the history, only that it was found in an an incredibly poor condition, sitting at the back of a NSW farm 40 years ago, and then restored from the ground up over the course of the following 10-15 years. After that it was driven sporadically and although it is found to be in an acceptable condition now, without any major dramas (heavy rust etc), it does however require some work to bring it to a reasonably usable and reliable condition.

Just thought I’d create this thread to post more details and updates as I embark on this exciting journey of the prewar Buick ownership.

IMG_9170.jpeg

IMG_9034.jpeg

IMG_9033.jpeg

IMG_9032.jpeg

IMG_9031.jpeg

Edited by Vladlen (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Welcome and congrats on the new ride!

Agree with you immensely, what an amazing undertaking and committed restoration...

Your car looks great, hopefully you enjoy the sorting process, there are a lot of folks on this forum to help, so be sure to post pics and ask lots of questions.

Curious - does the car have the original power clutch mushroom button on the floor, cylinder and linkages which were used to engage and disengage the clutch using vacuum?

Wishing many safe and enjoyable miles ahead for you!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vladlen said:

Gday

By way of a quick intro, posting some details about my newly acquired passion - the 1933 Buick Series 50, which I purchased locally at Melbourne auction.

I really don’t know much about the history, only that it was found in an an incredibly poor condition, sitting at the back of a NSW farm 40 years ago, and then restored from the ground up over the course of the following 10-15 years. After that it was driven sporadically and although it is found to be in an acceptable condition now, without any major dramas (heavy rust etc), it does however require some work to bring it to a reasonably usable and reliable condition.

Just thought I’d create this thread to post more details and updates as I embark on this exciting journey of the prewar Buick ownership.

IMG_9170.jpeg

IMG_9034.jpeg

IMG_9033.jpeg

IMG_9032.jpeg

IMG_9031.jpeg

Beautiful car!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BuickTom87 said:

Wow the amount of time and dedication money that went into this restoration is incredible!

In this part of the world people will restore a car that in other of the world would be considered parts at best.

But does seem extreme, for car with a timber frame.  Taken a lot of skill to get it where it is today.

Car looks very good.  Enjoy driving it.

Victorian Buick club--->https://www.buickcarclub.com.au/

Each state has an independent Buick Club. No single Australia wide club

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Thank you all! So nice to feel welcome! 

By the way, in the paper file I’ve found the original newspaper ad - 1985. The car sold for $2,500 AUD which would have been ~ 7,000-10,000 in today’s money. Pretty decent value considering the condition.

IMG_1232.jpeg.7d57ddb357a3f9c492980ffa445ae8cf.jpeg

• Like 1