Wrecked vehicle - what model?

utbrowningman

23 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Plymouth? Maybe 41 or so.

I know those ribs on the rear fender will make it obvious to the well educated.

Close but not quite.  It’s a Dodge, the hood ornament is a ram.  Year I think is 1940

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Close but not quite.  It’s a Dodge, the hood ornament is a ram.  Year I think is 1940

19 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Yep. 1940 Dodge with a 1937 Dodge hub cap on the front.

I thought the hub cap may say Dodge but decided to let the more knowledgeable state the facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utbrowningman said:

Is this the same vehicle? Suicide doors, it appears.

After comparing photos, the grill is not the same. 

image.jpeg.ee3b8b01f7f796be68fc052a2f409013.jpeg

Not the same car. This one is a 1937 Pontiac. It has accessory lights in front.

1937 Pontiac.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Bloo said:

Yep, 1937 Pontiac. Is that a "T" on the license plate? If so, it's registered in Lincoln County, WA. Pretty rural even today.

That would make sense. My maternal grandmother is in the picture and she grew up in Wilbur, which is in Lincoln County. Could be her mom's. Her dad died in 1940, plates are 1942.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, utbrowningman said:

Is this the same vehicle? Suicide doors, it appears.

After comparing photos, the grill is not the same. 

image.jpeg.ee3b8b01f7f796be68fc052a2f409013.jpeg

There's a scope on that lever action rifle,probably a 30-30,that's a bit unusual,especially back then. They're more of a brush gun than a long range shooter.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TerryB said:

Good eye on the ram.

I had to make a guess before my buddy down south of me got in there. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sagefinds said:

There's a scope on that lever action rifle,probably a 30-30,that's a bit unusual,especially back then. They're more of a brush gun than a long range shooter.

48 minutes ago, 28 Chrysler said:

It worked for her. Looking at the trees in the background the scope may not have been that useful.

The scope is a Weaver 4x on a 1901 Marlin Model 1893 .30-30 which I now have. Her nickname was "dead-eye Peg" so it appears she had no problem hitting her target.

20230105_154615 (2).jpg

• Like 4

On 8/3/2023 at 9:47 AM, utbrowningman said:

The scope is a Weaver 4x on a 1901 Marlin Model 1893 .30-30 which I now have. Her nickname was "dead-eye Peg" so it appears she had no problem hitting her target.

20230105_154615 (2).jpg

That's neat that you still have the rifle. I have a Marlin lever action 35 Remington,it has about the same length cartridge but the bullit is a bigger caliber. It's a great brush gun but I gave up hunting many years ago. It's a newer model than yours,how much newer is unknown.

1 hour ago, sagefinds said:

That's neat that you still have the rifle. I have a Marlin lever action 35 Remington,it has about the same length cartridge but the bullit is a bigger caliber. It's a great brush gun but I gave up hunting many years ago. It's a newer model than yours,how much newer is unknown.

The 35 Rem is a great close quarters caliber to have in the woods. I can track down the manufacture date with the serial number.