PROIBITION CAR SHOW

jonnyrose

That's an interesting concept!😃

I'm tempted to run the idea by the folks at Springfield Distillery and Factory Street Brewing here; maybe tie it in with the annual county Heritage Festival. They all have space and the town might help promote one at the brewery. Only drawback is a dearth of Prohibition-era cars in this area.

Would early NASCAR "Whiskey Trippers" (known as "Rum Runners" up north) be allowed?

whiskeytripper.jpg.842c315e18ea0b77c9164a34a81656df.jpg

1939 Ford NASCAR Coupe Maintenance/restoration of old/vintage vehicles: the  material for new cogs/casters/gears/pads c… | Nascar race cars, Nascar  cars, Ford racing

Prohibition was ended by the early '30's, but illegal private (unlicensed) stills are still prohibited. Before and as "organized" racing became popular, similar cars raced the public roads with the "revenuers" in hot pursuit. I'ts probably a little more subtle today, but the prohibition of private stills still stands.

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Prohibition era was from 1920 to 1933 in the US. I would get a kick out of such a show but doubt you could get many entries to turn out. Such old cars are seldom seen at car shows anymore. Maybe if you let in up to 1970s cars but that kind of spoils the prohibition theme/

It sure would be interesting to know the first 5-10 years of history for my Buick considering it's a '29 out of Chicago!

IMG_2023-07-11-10-40-30-677.jpg