For Sale: 1974 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 2dr Hardtop - $4,900 - Nesconset, L.I.N.Y. - Not Mine

For Sale: 1974 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 2dr Hardtop - $4,900 - Nesconset, L.I.N.Y

1974 Chrysler Imperial Brougham - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1974 Chrysler Imperial Brougham V8 440 2dr hdtp, white inside and out , for sale powerful big 7.2 litter engine per original owner daughter they ran last year, oil and fluids look good, may start with a charge, or not, very low original 45k miles. Amazing clean white interior, straight body little rust spots.  $4,900.
Copy and paste in your email:  bd956298516a306891eb0c0d7ec4fbf7@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1974 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 2dr Hardtop.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 3,850 1974 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 2dr Hardtops built.

'74 Chrysler Imperial LINY a.jpg

'74 Chrysler Imperial LINY b.jpg

'74 Chrysler Imperial LINY c.jpg

'74 Chrysler Imperial LINY d.jpg

'74 Chrysler Imperial LINY e.jpg

'74 Chrysler Imperial LINY f.jpg

'74 Chrysler Imperial LINY g.jpg

'74 Chrysler Imperial LINY h.jpg

13 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

John in Penn does not like these Mopar 2 doors but I love them.  Yes, too far away for me to try and purchase. 

I like the side profile of the 4-door hardtops best.

The ones I really don't care for are the coupes with

the unusual vinyl roof treatment:

junk--1977 Chrysler.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I like the side profile of the 4-door hardtops best.

The ones I really don't care for are the coupes with

the unusual vinyl roof treatment:

junk--1977 Chrysler.jpg

I am just the opposite.

That is one handsome car right there.

• Like 1

Some of these luxury 4 doors from 1974 to 1979 are nice looking cars.  The 2 doors, like many of the American cars - eliminated roll down rear windows, no more 2 door hardtops.  I love these cars.  Imperial, Lincoln, Cadillac, Buick.  

Chrysler simply tried a slightly different approach to the closed rear quarter styling which I find stylish and others do not.  GM was pretty safe with their treatment ( I owned a 76 Cadillac Coupe deVille). Lincoln’s were beautiful but 3 box.  

It’s a great hobby where we can all have our views and no one is really wrong. 

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's a nice stylish car for under 5 grand. Looks like beaucoup car for the money. Also has the benefit of no catalytic converter or Lean Burn to contend with. That 440 might have an appetite though.

*edit* Just noticed it has an 8-track player. Go flea marketing and find some Sinatra, Dean Martin or other Rat Pack tapes and ooze down the highway in style!

• Like 1

As requested.🤟👊

One of many tracks that blew my 14 year old 8th grade mind after I was finally exposed to something besides the country music my dad forced on me. To this day I can't tolerate country music, horehound candy or thousand island salad dressing. I can't.😖

Back in the stone age of car stereo, I could never find anything that would blast the Family Stone at the level I wanted to listen to it. Doubtful the Chrysler 8-track would either, even with a matchbook wedged under the tape cartridge!

• Like 1