Car show Bingo

Boy. The stereotypes are the same everywhere you go!

Other than the overexposed Camaros and Tri-Five Chevys, the one that bugged me the worst was those damn creepy crybaby dolls leaned up on the bumper. Lord, they bothered me. Worse than the guy who displayed every trophy the car had ever won with it, to point you couldn't see the front third of the car for the trophies. And the car wasn't really that great.

Did people set out the California Raisins on the aircleaner anywhere else? They did here...

• Haha 2

every trophy the car had ever won with it, to point you couldn't see the front third of the car for the trophies. And the car wasn't really that great.

Look at the details and you will find the glue from the thrift shop price tags.

The "FREE" should be changed to "Small Bloc Chevy or LS Crate Motor"

• Haha 2

Yah, I've often wondered how many people have bought trophies at a thrift store to display with their car.🤨

I digress, there's a barbecue joint here with a wall full of BBQ competition trophies, and I firmly believe he bought some of them cause his bobbacued pig ain't all that.

Charlatans and wannabes in everything.🙄

• Haha 1

Dang! That describes every car show I've been to in Mississippi where I live. However,I would have to substitute "Music so loud you can't talk to people" for the "squad of British roadsters." Also put "Mustangs out the a$$" in one of the squares.

Edited by Andy J (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Don't forget the folks vying for the "most accessorized car" award: outside sunvisors, spinner hubcaps, widest whitewalls on the field, chrome fender skirts, side pipes, crybaby kids on the corners, carhop trays, venetian blinds, headlight visors, Buick style portholes, flame throwers, curb feelers, static straps, bumper stickers, neckers knobs, three antennas with coontails, blue dots and of course Winky The White Cat, currently available on Etsy for $550. Ouch!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Would you believe a photo taken before 1920 of a small child doing an imitation of one of those *** dolls?

I couldn't hardly believe it when I ran into this photo a few years ago. But this is a little kid helping "dad" start the car!

And Billy K, nice setup of an auto show bingo sheet! 

Thanks for the chuckle!

1917FordTtouringfrontwHasslers.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Didn't Winky used to sell for $4.99 or so in the Warshawsky/JC Whitney catalogs?

Yes, Winky was a prominent item in the old J.C.Whitney catalogs for years. It was available until around 1987. However I am sorry to report the $550 Winkys I saw for sale yesterday on the Etsy site are currently sold out. There may have been smaller spin-offs or copies made by other companies but there was only one Winky. Accept no substitutes. Hey, ya snooze, ya lose. 

IMG_1448.JPG

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Or people in their 70s dressed in poodle skirts... you'd think folks that age would have some semblance of dignity.

Wayne- whoever came up with those creepy dolls must have seen that photo forty-some years ago, because most of them I've seen have been dressed exactly like that little boy. Railroad overalls and engineer cap, and in pink for a girl doll.

Come to think of it I once saw a girl creepy doll dressed in a poodle skirt.

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2023 at 9:12 AM, rocketraider said:

Boy. The stereotypes are the same everywhere you go!

Other than the overexposed Camaros and Tri-Five Chevys, the one that bugged me the worst was those damn creepy crybaby dolls leaned up on the bumper. Lord, they bothered me. Worse than the guy who displayed every trophy the car had ever won with it, to point you couldn't see the front third of the car for the trophies. And the car wasn't really that great.

Did people set out the California Raisins on the aircleaner anywhere else? They did here...

I never understood those dolls! So strange. Here in Detroit you can add rows of nearly identical Charger/challenger/300s. They are nice cars but not so interesting when the car show is full of them.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 12:32 PM, Stevegolf1 said:

Here in Detroit you can add rows of nearly identical Charger/challenger/300s. They are nice cars but not so interesting when the car show is full of them.

Likewise for stuff like "one of one"(—thousand) 2014 Corvettes still with four-digit mileage and shining paint people will bring. It's one thing to take care of your expensive cars, it's another to pretend like it's some rare instant classic that has any real chance to appreciate in value over the next 30 years.

Examples...

• Like 3