Auction of 50 Trans Ams

I would think there should be some pretty good deals.

I say this because there will be a limited audience.

How many Trans Am guys can one gather in one place and all be buyers?

For sure an interesting hoard for those TA guys to explore.

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

I would think there should be some pretty good deals.

I say this because there will be a limited audience.

How many Trans Am guys can one gather in one place and all be buyers?

For sure an interesting hoard for those TA guys to explore.

I respectfully disagree.  Project Trans Ams are hard to come by.  The 70's Trans Ams are one of the go to project cars because they are well supported by catalogs, sell for enormous prices.   I expect the rough, no motor Trans Ams and Formulas here to sell for $20,000 +++.   

• Like 1

Incredible, and unlike others I have seen, there are some third gens there. I read a blip about this in an old cars ad, but they said details to come. My wife wanted to make a trip to Iowa to see a football game, its a shame the timing is off!  I would bet there will be some good deals and some stuff may go for stupid money. I read on another forum that the SD was questionable but I would have to look at it myself before I made a judgement call, That would be the car to get. I bet it goes for $50k +

There was a similar auction a year or so ago, maybe in Nebraska with a hoard of trans ams that  a post man had collected. I know a fellow that ended up with one of them. He did a horse trade with the guy that bought it at the auction. It was low miles, cleaned up beautifully, original interior, guy said it runs perfect and it was very little work to get it that way.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. 

I still think there will be some good deals.

If there are over 50 peeps all looking for TA projects this would be the place to look for sure.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 3:17 PM, B Jake Moran said:

I respectfully disagree.  Project Trans Ams are hard to come by.  The 70's Trans Ams are one of the go to project cars because they are well supported by catalogs, sell for enormous prices.   I expect the rough, no motor Trans Ams and Formulas here to sell for $20,000 +++.   

Seeing Vanderbrink in one of the links makes me think even that estimate is probably low.

Edited by Bleach (see edit history)
  • Like 1