Forty some years of Hemmings Motor News,any late ideas on best place for them to go?

sagefinds

Or, you could make just one trip..

2dadump 2dadump. 2dadump dump dump.

• Like 1

Anyone try taking them to car shows, coffee and cars meet ups, etc.? Set em out and let anyone take what they want. Schools, summer camps? May be a way to interest some of the younger folks etc?

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 11:23 AM, sagefinds said:

I've got boxes and stacks of them, rarely ever look at a back issue...   

Please let us know what you end up doing.

If they were mine, I would save perhaps one issue

from every 4 years (about 10 issues total) just to

have a few old issues to see the progression of 

the magazine.  They would suffice for reminiscing.

On 5/27/2023 at 9:22 PM, TOM H. S. said:

Hi 40 some odd years worth, You could be put them up for sale on Ebay in 5 to 10 year batches. You could cut out your favorite articles and scan them on your laptop. You could offer them for free or a small fee on Craigs List. Offer some to your local Library as references of how they looked. Offer Hemmings the option of first refusal. Best Wishes

Local Library does not want them-

apparently, neither does our AACA Library, at least as of the most recent time I offered significant parts of my collection

I haven't come to any decisions on mine yet,haven't heard from the researcher mentioned earlier,he probably put out the word he was looking for them and now guys are sneaking over there at night and leaving stacks of them in his driveway. It costs to leave recycling materials at the transfer station here but as a last resort I will go that way. A friend in northern Colorado had the whole set starting with No 1 in 1954 I think. Someone borrowed that first edition and he never saw it again. There might be a museum that would take the whole run that went to a single individual. To be continued....