For Sale: 1978 Lincoln Continental Convertible - Project - $6,000 - Trumbull, CT - Not Mine

For Sale: 1978 Lincoln Continental Convertible - Project - $6,000 - Trumbull, CT

78 Lincoln Continental Convertible - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Rare 1978 Lincoln Continental Convertible 2 door. Wedgewood blue (Carolina blue) with matching interior. Looks and runs well. But needs lots of work . Selling "as is " a Project car = Leaks rattles and squeaks. but still a showstopper. Has appeared in films, TV shows and many parades. We have owned it since 1988. Many spare parts (cheap Ford parts easy to find) Serious inquiries only. Thanks.
Copy and paste in your email: d71dee789f3c33a5a1fd20d46d677235@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1978 Lincoln Continental Convertible - Project.

Note:  This was one of the Ford Motor Company authorized Lincoln Continental Town Coupe convertible conversions by A.H.A. Coachbuilders of Toronto, Canada.  All parts were Ford Motor company factory components, the folding top mechanism last used on the 1972 Ford LTD.  Because of styling changes, the top well area is a bit clumsy on the Lincoln quarters.

'78 Lincoln Continental Conv CT a.jpg

'78 Lincoln Continental Conv CT b.jpg

'78 Lincoln Continental Conv CT c.jpg

'78 Lincoln Continental Conv CT d.jpg

'78 Lincoln Continental Conv CT e.jpg

'78 Lincoln Continental Conv CT f.jpg

'78 Lincoln Continental Conv CT g.jpg

'78 Lincoln Continental Conv CT h.jpg

'78 Lincoln Continental Conv CT i.jpg

• Like 2

This is a nice looking car. The slanted top gives it a much sleeker appearance than the formal roof line of the coupe.  Lucky for me it's too far to be really tempting!!

Thanks for posting  This is not far from me.

I was wondering where the top frame came from. I was thinking Mercury so probably pretty much the same as the 1972 Ford. 

I like it and the price seems reasonable, but I already have multiple convertibles so this isn’t worth the divorce.  

49 minutes ago, DrumBob said:

Leaks, rattles and squeaks...and probably gets about ten miles a gallon. No thanks.

My ‘65 Galaxie ragtop leaks, rattles, and squeaks. And it’s loud! I love it 😀

My 1964 Lincoln ragtop also rattles and squeaks although quite a bit less than the Ford. And 10 mpg.  I love that one too 

4 hours ago, DrumBob said:

Leaks, rattles and squeaks...and probably gets about ten miles a gallon.  No thanks.

My 1978 Lincoln Mark V, just about as long, just as heavy,

with the same 460 engine that this car likely has, achieved

14 m.p.g. on the highway with an admittedly light foot.

That might not sound like much to some modern drivers,

but it's 40% better than 10 m.p.g.!

My 1973 Cadillac Eldorado got 10 m.p.g. on the highway 

(and 6 around town, for an average of 8).  So Lincoln made

considerable progress by 1978.  And Lincolns of this era are

very comfortable to drive and ride in!

• Like 1