Hudson engine question

Looking at parts for sale, found this listing for some engines. In the picture it looks like a Twin H engine. But the exhaust manifold is not correct. Can these manifolds be used on the 308 engines?    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/939591147227139/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Af5adc43e-21c4-4adc-9561-3a5b84b85317       Product photo of Engines for sale for rebuilding, mostly Hudson

3 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Did not know they used different exhaust manifolds. No experience with jets or 202 engines.

If I recall correctly, the Jet engine was derived from the beloved 254 eight. Shorter, obviously, but with full pressure oil delivery, not splash feed. It was probably a terrific little engine, but no one needed it. When you think of all of the useless expenses involved in creating the Jet, what could making a new crank and oil delivery system have cost?

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

A while back I decided to build a Hudson fair grounds racer.   I entered the "Hudson World" and joined their club.  I have been helped and found parts from many of their members.  I work on it in the heated workshop during the Ohio winter. It now has 4 wheel hydraulic brakes and runs.  I hope to finish the body this up coming Winter.  It will be my first straight 8 car,   254 cu in.  The "Vision" has not quite appeared but I am taking small steps,  one at a time.   Life is Good,

IMG_1830.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1660.JPG

• Like 4

The car in the background is a 1929 Plymouth survivor car. A 1949 GMC 1/2 panel truck is behind it. I have always found the "Old Car" hobby interesting and have met people "Stranger" than myself.

1 hour ago, DFeeney said:

The car in the background is a 1929 Plymouth survivor car. A 1949 GMC 1/2 panel truck is behind it. I have always found the "Old Car" hobby interesting and have met people "Stranger" than myself.

Well you have come to the right place then.🤪

• Haha 1