What wax are you using?

414TATA

I'm Asking suggestions for brands of wax you think is good on original black paint.  I've kept  a pretty good finish for the twelve years I've owned the car but will admit I'm still experimenting with brands. Very difficult to avoid swirl marks on application.  In the past I apply by hand and prefer to buff with a finish grade  polishing wheel using light pressure vs hand buffing. Actually the swirl marks happen on application not the machine buffing. Too damn old to buff the entire car by hand anyway.  Your input is appreciated. 

DSCN0198 - Copy.jpg

Handsome beast.😎

I have no idea what to use on an original 80+ finish. I think GM was using lacquer by 1937 but not sure.

If the paint is in good condition use the least abrasive polish you can find to clean it and then follow up with a pure wax for protection.

I always liked Meguiar's for ease of use, but 3M has a complete line of paint care products.

I like the Duragloss product line too but it's regional and not sure you can find it on west coast. It was developed and formulated in the 1970s by two North Carolina brothers who are chemical engineers and car enthusiasts, and who were completely unsatisfied with available products.

If you're waxing, make sure you do the prep work first.

Wash, clay, polish, then wax. I like https://www.jaxwax.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwo7iiBhAEEiwAsIxQEVHqaeRcLZReC6eM5r6fuBeNF04NOQH052G8vBEmvyAwHm6gQCRozRoCtlYQAvD_BwE    and  Adams Buttery Wax https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-buttery-wax  but the better you do the first three the less work the waxing is.

• Like 1