Ralph Kepner Estate Sale - May 12 and May 13 in Port Royal PA

Sheri Landis

Ralph was a member of our AACA region here in Pennsylvania.

I didn't know he had so many cars.  But the pictures on that

auction website are atrocious--the worst I've ever seen!

They won't attract buyers, and tell nothing of the cars' condition.

Here are a few pictures I had for our AACA newsletter:

His 1977 Buick Riviera and his 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle

Concours 4-door hardtop:

1977 Buick Riviera 2--Ralph Kepner.JPG

DSCF2818.JPG

DSCF2826.JPG

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Those auction photos almost look a if the “photographer” just took pictures of framed photos of the cars. You can see what looks like a frame boarder on many of the pictures and the bright glare spot looks like a reflection from a flash on a piece of glass. If I had hired someone to handle an auction for me and I saw those pics posted I would have someone else the next day.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The first photos that were posted on auctionzip were pictures of framed photos - they have been updated with actual photos of the cars - this sale is taking a lot of work to get ready as ALL the vehicles were in storage sheds and photographs were not available to be taken until the cars were pulled out.  We are still updating and adding more photos, so please be patient and keep checking back on auctionzip.com.  We appreciate your interest in this in-person auction.

• Like 3

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Ralph Kepner Estate Sale - May 12 and May 13 in Port Royal PA

That's one of most eclectic collections I've ever seen though it does appear Mr Kepner appreciated Buicks and convertibles.

The Smith auction, the Horton auction and now the Kepner auction remind me that some day all our stuff will be sold to the highest bidder. We can only hope it finds good homes.

I like the "bullet" bird!  I wonder what color the interior is?  Mileage?  Does it run?  Auction house needs to give a little more detail...