For Sale: 1937 Buick Special Model 41 4dr Sedan - $9,000 - West Falls, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1937 Buick Special Model 41 4dr Sedan - $9,000 - West Falls, NY

1937 Buick Special Model 41 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

66,000 mile driver, believed to be original mileage. Mechanically sound, solid car runs quiet with many parts rebuilt or replaced.  Everything is there. Paint good, chrome fair, interior serviceable but worn. No front rug. All gauges working except for sending unit. Radio and heater fan not working. Not a show car but very drivable. $9,000 or best offer. Current owner 18 years. Always garaged. Contact Earl
Copy and paste in your email: eb6d55227b8b36b2af004a225f8ae3a6@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1937 Buick Special Model 41 4dr Sedan.

'37 Buick Special NY a.jpg

'37 Buick Special NY b.jpg

'37 Buick Special NY c.jpg

'37 Buick Special NY d.jpg

• Like 5

WOW is the market falling out? This would be a 12 to 13 thousand dollar car. But 9 grand seems like a bargain to me. I thought the front area was a rubber floor mat; not a "rug". I assume it's a fuel gauge sending unit. Though it's a pain but the repair is not difficult. Leave the radio alone. What I'm at getting at is this car is a nice driver with some not too difficult projects to be done down the road. Buy it and drive it!.

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 7

Holy mackerel, Batman!  I completely agree.  That looks like a fantastic bargain.  Paint looks very good, tires look good, assuming it runs well as advertised I would think this will sell very fast.

• Like 3

I will admit that I'm not impartial regarding the color of this car. Great looking car at a very reasonable price. I believe that you can get an aftermarket mat for the front. I would do that and add some sound insulation. After that just drive it.

• Like 3

Yes to all.

We have been wanting to find a close to what we had 1937 Special.

DSCF8783.JPG.cd5860f6563cd2482a3c0a577f0ca0e7.JPG

This is the closest to what we have been looking for. I am sure I would pick it apart once I could look it over. After all I had done to our 37 to make it a reliable driver (owned for 35 years) we had been looking for over a year since the Aug. 2021 accident.

thumbnail_20210801_184108.jpg.dad6bfc4d4dc7c5f489121029e2d5e99.jpg 

This car is presently in Winnapeg, Manitoba CAN. as a parts car.

We looked at some overpriced makeshift examples. Rough, brush painted to concourse quality. Ranging in price from $7,500 at the low end to $35,000 at the high end. Unfortunately we finally gave up and started getting all my spare 1937 parts to our other Buick friends with 1937s. It was looking as if we could not begin to recreate the magic we once had with our "LUCY".

FullSizeRender1.jpg.dc52655a511a3c0c137c522464b40ac5.jpg

• Like 2