Hone-O-Drive Overdrive Assembly--NOS 1960s Musclecar overdrive

I still regret passing on a complete Turbonique NOS setup 20 years ago.  I wonder if I'll regret passing on this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hone-O-Drive-Overdrive-Assembly-NOS-wbr-Very-Rare-Used-in-Baldwin-Motion-wbr-Shelbys-/275752330277

Hone-O-Drive OverDrive/UnderDrive System used in late 60's/Early 70's HiPerf modified applications like Baldwin-Motion Corvettes/Camaros and Shelby Cobra "Supercars".  Very Rare to find a complete NOS Setup to include the Drive Unit, Cable, Shift Handle and Rod, Cross Member Support, Mounts, Hardware and Owner's Manual.  Can be used in other applications.  In all my years of Parts Hunting--I've only seen a few of these units and never an NOS System that has never been ran!  RARE Superparts here that should be reunited with a real Baldwin-Motion or Shelby Cobra!  

Picture 1 of 10

• Like 2

I've never seen one either, which makes me skeptical. I can imagine that it would be helpful in a Muscle Car with short gears, I'd wonder if it or its mountings could handle the torque. As far as the Cobra, that's a definite NO. The drive shaft is only a few inches longer than this gizmo. Might as well claim it's a Duesenberg accessory. 

Edited by Leif in Calif
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I didn't realize it was meant to attach to the differential. That's a pretty big chunk of metal you are hanging back there and would have an adverse effect if the road wasn't smooth. Might put extra load on the universals as well since they would see more angle when the axle moves up and down. 

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...