1948 Nash Ambassador sedan - $19,480

Love the steering wheel, hate the headlight visors.  More pics and copy in ad....

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/newark-1948-nash-ambassador-sedan/7600463448.html

Prior to the current owners purchase, the car was in an indoor classic car museum. The current owner purchased the car in 2020 in order to lessen the mileage driven on his 1934 Packard. He has further refreshed the vehicle with new tires/tubes, generator re-do and cooling and engine systems refurbished and new u-joints installed. Included are many manuals and receipts for work done. The car starts easily and runs quietly and cool. It is comfortable on the show field but is really at home at a Sunday ride for ice cream or a road trip. (510) 794-7911

100101_4K6MDHTRk9b_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00T0T_6hpaxUP23Eg_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00d0d_bUBHyHVYL3a_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00D0D_TP0KdKq7m2_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00D0D_2aQ6I2MRi8F_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 4

This looks like a nice car at a slightly elevated price (although it sounds like a lot of work has been done on it asumming the history is accurate).  I live nearby, and would be happy to go and take a look if anyone here is interested.  Just PM me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

Depends on if it’s a 6 or 8 in my opinion. $20,000 is too much for a 6.  $20,000 is likely too much for an 8 but to a Nash collector maybe not.  

B. Jake:

The 260.8 ci straight eight wasn't returned to production for postwar Ambassadors, the 1942 Series 4280 were the last eight-cylinder Nashes until the Packard-sourced 1955 Ambassador V8 Series 80.

Steve

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

B. Jake:

The 260.8 ci straight eight wasn't returned to production for postwar Ambassadors, the 1942 Series 4280 were the last eight-cylinder Nashes until the Packard-sourced 1955 Ambassador V8 Series 80.

Steve

Thanks Steve!  I did not know that but it makes a lot of sense. Early postwar anything a manufacturer made sold. And why bring in an 8 cylinder ?  

Number 2 is my knowledge that Nash’s bathtubs were all 6 cylinders.  

11 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Looked at the additional photos, it’s a 6 cylinder. Lose the stupid headlight brows. 

Those headlight brows are forbidden here in Belgium .When you hit a unlucky pedestrian with those things you can hurt or kill him .And then your insurance will not cover you as you should not have them .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, daniel boeve said:

Those headlight brows are forbidden here in Belgium .When you hit a unlucky pedestrian with those things you can hurt or kill him .And then your insurance will not cover you as you should not have them .

They are silly AND dangerous. The owner should have just used the much safer eyelashes: 

CarLashes for New Beetle (1998-2011) BLACK

• Haha 1