Vintage Mud Flaps Restore

STEVE POLLARD

I just purchase these vintage mud flaps to install on my 1969 Chevy 3/4 ton truck. I'm not sure of the year of these flaps, but the graphics are faded and I would like to freshen them up before installing them on the truck.  I was thinking of whitewall tire kits, paint pens ? something along those lines... any suggestions / recommendations on specific products would be great.

Thanks guys !

image.png.6c531e5e4adb7f1e70a2541c9c8da249.png

example

image.png.8388cdf5f6962575a0c894e1fdf7666c.png

Clean first, use a plastic wool rather then Brillo  as the plastic is not as harsh. If the white area is still not up to what you want it to be try One SHot sign lettering enamel. It can be found in art supply stores. ask the people there or read up to see if it will be ok - I think it should be. I used it to paint white walls on steel toy rubber  tires for toys made in the 1950s or earlier and it dried and has lasted fine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a follow up from a month ago...... I ended up using the sos pads and the 1 Shot White Pinstriping paint.... they turned out not that bad, just completed installing them on my '69 Chevrolet C20 truck....

Thanks for all the suggestions !

Steve

image.png.791e71196b6ddcc0943925511ee7bb42.png

image.png.bd27df824635fcdbcce943c0325613c8.png

• Like 5