Jay Leno - A Real Car Guy

charlespetty

Jay Leno is in town today for two shows at the Arkley Center Theater tonight. I managed to be there when he drove into town and he graciously let me take a photo of him in front of my 1930 Lincoln. Super nice guy. He just wanted to talk cars.  I parked outside the gated parking lot and when his car drove in the gate closed.  He said something to the attendants and pretty soon one of the attendants came over, opened the gate and motioned me to bring my car into the parking lot.  He was super friendly, approachable and just wanted to talk about my car and what gas I used.  We are going to his show tonight.   

Leno.jpg

• Like 30

His comedy is excellent;  it's easy to see why he 

has done so well with it.  I'm glad to hear that he

is doing shows after the events of the past couple

of years.  At one of his shows, I took my three

younger cousins (two were teenagers at the time)

to talk to him about cars and other things before the show.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 4

When I lived in Southern California, five years ago I was a member of the Los Angeles chapter of the BCA. We put on a car show every year that was an all GM event. I met Jay at the first show when he brought his rear wheel drive Tornado and the next year he brought his jet powered car. Really nice guy! You are lucky to have met him.  

• 2 weeks later...

As a "Night Show" host I never thought much of Jay Leno. I watched David Letterman for years and after he moved on I realised these industry night show hosts all worked to the same show format. You know, the coffee cup, the funny guy at the desk, funny guy in the band, the weekly up front and personal celebrity interviews etc etc.

That was until I first saw one of the Jay Leno's Garage shows ... wow, this is the man!!!!

The guy is legendary, from blasting through the freeway traffic in his external combustion steam powered cars to blasting around on the Kawasaki two stroke widow maker motorcycle.

He has no fear of driving antique machinery ... We all want to be like him😆

• Like 1

Jay Leno is also a big motorcycle fan. Many (many!) years ago I met him at a motorcycle ride raising funds for a  diabetes foundation (I think). I didn’t get to speak with him much because  there were many people there. But he gave me a firm handshake, looked me in the eyes, and said a few words about thanking me for supporting the foundation and appreciated me for coming out. I also got to shake hands with Peter Fonda (Easy Rider).

• Like 1