Headlight bar with lights. Someone here knows

Speede

14 hours ago, Scott Bonesteel said:

I'm thinking 30 Plymouth but will defer to Keiser as that is his area of expertise.

30 Plymouth.jpg

Thanks gentleman. I had a feeling someone would recognize it. How it got in with all the Packard, Cadillac, Pierce and Buick parts is a mystery. 

• Like 1

The headlight bars was used on Plymouth and I think 1929 Chrysler 65 also a desoto too, in my headlight book Mopar had both options for painted bucket and chrome my 1929 U is chrome my 32 PB chrome but the sedan is black bucket I think this could be 1929-1930 Plymouth U and model U also 1928-29 Desoto and a few others Just my two cents 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thehandleman said:

The headlight bars was used on Plymouth and I think 1929 Chrysler 65 also a desoto too, in my headlight book Mopar had both options for painted bucket and chrome my 1929 U is chrome my 32 PB chrome but the sedan is black bucket I think this could be 1929-1930 Plymouth U and model U also 1928-29 Desoto and a few others Just my two cents 👍

I once was a longtime 29 DeSoto hobbyist, owned a few and chased parts for 2 decades at Hershey starting in 1971.

The 29 DeSoto headlight bar curves upwards very noticeably between both lights, and the Plymouth was perfectly flat between both lights.  

The 29 DeSoto did use Depress Beam, but the buckets were much deeper and more pointed at the back than the very shallow 29-29 Plymouth buckets.  

I have forgotten what I once knew about 29 Chrysler model 65 interchanges, but a web search for a side and front view would be a way to compare the buckets and the bar style.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, F&J said:

I once was a longtime 29 DeSoto hobbyist, owned a few and chased parts for 2 decades at Hershey starting in 1971.

The 29 DeSoto headlight bar curves upwards very noticeably between both lights, and the Plymouth was perfectly flat between both lights.  

The 29 DeSoto did use Depress Beam, but the buckets were much deeper and more pointed at the back than the very shallow 29-29 Plymouth buckets.  

I have forgotten what I once knew about 29 Chrysler model 65 interchanges, but a web search for a side and front view would be a way to compare the buckets and the bar style.

You may be correct with meds and age catching up I know my 29 ply u roadster interchanged several parts that being said it seemed that the 29 chrysler 65 only front fenders and  other front parts were same as my roadster PLY U Roadster