WHEEL CAP riviera 1966- good purchase

cquisuila

Hello

I inform you on a good and efficient web site : FUSICKS AUTOMOTIVE

i ordered 4 wheel cap completed for a reasonable price ($258) and i already received the order in less than 4 days

from USA to France ! bravo !!

THE price shipping is $33 in ground (for me it was $85 by FEDEX)

and the parts are in very good quality as OEM :

image.png.9730edc1f7784a5b56a32ba1cced5086.png

• Like 2

I'm always forgetting to install these Center Caps when attending Car Meets and photo ops. I leave them at home, afraid I might loose one. Having one missing would render the remaining 3 useless.

But, I see they are reproduced. Next CARS order will add one to the List for use as a spare.

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

As long as you have the correct size spring clips for the center hole in your wheel, they're not coming off on their own. I have to put a folded blanket on the ground and use two hands on a long pry bar to get them off. 

yes 2 sides

2" center for riviera often until 1965

2" 1/8 center after

verify before order !!

7 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

They are being made by Cars

Tom

Cars doesn’t make them. They are made offshore. I don’t know what shore, but sure not this shore. What guy or gal has for lunch or how they look is not important. What is important is the product is are made to quality specification no matter if it’s made on the moon.

7 hours ago, XframeFX said:

I'm always forgetting to install these Center Caps when attending Car Meets and photo ops. I leave them at home, afraid I might loose one. Having one missing would render the remaining 3 useless.

But, I see they are reproduced. Next CARS order will add one to the List for use as a spare.

These caps are ez to make at home.

Here is one I made 2.5” diameter for an 81 Riviera turbine T type. Made with metal for the front and back. No decals.

7C9132B3-8137-4668-B30E-92D473612ECE.jpeg

Edited by Turbinator (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Turbinator said:

Cars doesn’t make them. They are made offshore. I don’t know what shore, but sure not this shore. What guy or gal has for lunch or how they look is not important. What is important is the product is are made to quality specification no matter if it’s made on the moon.

These caps are ez to make at home.

Here is one I made 2.5” diameter for an 81 Riviera turbine T type. Made with metal for the front and back. No decals.

7C9132B3-8137-4668-B30E-92D473612ECE.jpeg

Bob, what I should have stated is that Cars is the supplier, the others are distributing Cars products. Geographically, I don't know where they are made.

I remember when all the components of the '66 - '70 center caps were available at GM dealers, I probably ordered 10 or more full sets before they went obsolete. I sold most off here and there but still have a few sets because I have a soft spot for '66 Wildcats!

Fusick sells quite a few parts which originate from Cars.

Tom Mooney

17 hours ago, RivNut said:

I have to put a folded blanket on the ground and use two hands on a long pry bar to get them off.

I have the situation in the video above with my 1966 Center Caps. A one-hand yank. Je ne sait quoi? My tires are mounted so I don't not know what wheels I have. The ID is: 2.125" which should be correct for my center caps.

The Center Caps come off real easy. Afraid a pothole will send one flying.

9 hours ago, cquisuila said:

my parts ordered in FUSICKS AUTOMOTIVE come from OLD BUICK PARTS

"Old Buick Parts" and "CARS" are the same n'est pas?

Edited by XframeFX (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, XframeFX said:

Old Buick Parts" and "CARS" are the same n'est pas?

I don’t know. What I do know if

ANY center cap emblems are made in the United States, Mexico, or Canada I’d be truly surprised. 
Who the supplier, distributor may be is of no importance to me. What is important is who ever makes them make them like the original.

I can easily understand GM making their badging or having the badging made in the US once upon a time. Buying the last few sets of originals from GM was forward thinking. I’d like to think a U.S. company is making home grown badging and I’d be delighted and surprised at the same time. 

Fortunately, I’m practiced and know where to get supplies to make most Buick center cap emblems. Here is a emblem for Wildcat 66 horn cap I spied and started work. The work is not finished as this one still is work in Progress. Now why would I spend time trying to duplicate a discontinued item?

F2EFBC60-AEF0-4E69-B2E2-5726031846CA.jpeg

Edited by Turbinator (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I had a compilation of these parts on my 94 roadmaster wagon.  71 - 78 wheels, fluted 66 style caps, spring clips from Buick Centers, with a thin black/silver Buick Trishield (eBay from China.) One of the caps rattled, whether it would come off or not I don't  know but I never lost it in 6 years.  But to keep it from rattling I wound a HD rubber band around the springs in the clip. New rube band for each wheel balance - I'd remove the caps myself before taking the car to the tire shop.   Peace with the windows open or when you were driving next to a curb.

9 hours ago, cquisuila said:

my parts ordered in FUSICKS AUTOMOTIVE come from OLD BUICK PARTS !!

No doubt the parts you obtained I’m certain were sold to you from whom you purchased the goods. I contend the MANUFACTURER of your parts are not located in North America. I’m glad you like your emblems and center cap assembly. The price you paid for the set of four (4) is a bargain.

38 minutes ago, Turbinator said:

No doubt the parts you obtained I’m certain were sold to you from whom you purchased the goods. I contend the MANUFACTURER of your parts are not located in North America. I’m glad you like your emblems and center cap assembly. The price you paid for the set of four (4) is a bargain.

it is nearly certain that the parts are located in europe because the delivery to France with 4 days is nearly impossible from USA to France...

47 minutes ago, cquisuila said:

it is nearly certain that the parts are located in europe because the delivery to France with 4 days is nearly impossible from USA to France...

I can agree normal delivery from the US to France would be longer than 4 days. There are expedited services for International Shipping that promise overnight delivery. I’ve experienced many light package scenarios as I was in the small parcel and mailing business for 31 years. I sold rate shopping software and parcel handling equipment to the US Dept of Defense. It is remarkable to experience a good shipping experience.  Glad you received your goods on time.

Later Gator

Turbinator

3 hours ago, Turbinator said:

It is remarkable to experience a good shipping experience.

Not sure about France. But "Express Service" is better in the long run as it includes brokerage, to-your-door fees and maybe more.

The only "ground shipping" that's reasonable is USPS - period.

USPS has Flat Rate Boxes, to Canada as well. Not the other way I'm afraid. Canada Post has Flat Rate for domestic shipments only. PAY THE CORE CHARGE

Online orders I mark on a 2nd address line "Antique Auto Part 63 Buick" because Vendors forget even when I ask them to do so.

I have the code to Canada: 9966.00.00

Bob, maybe you know of more loop-holes to save $$$?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XframeFX said:

Not sure about France. But "Express Service" is better in the long run as it includes brokerage, to-your-door fees and maybe more.

The only "ground shipping" that's reasonable is USPS - period.

USPS has Flat Rate Boxes, to Canada as well. Not the other way I'm afraid. Canada Post has Flat Rate for domestic shipments only. PAY THE CORE CHARGE

Online orders I mark on a 2nd address line "Antique Auto Part 63 Buick" because Vendors forget even when I ask them to do so.

I have the code to Canada: 9966.00.00

Bob, maybe you know of more loop-holes to save $$$?

No loopholes. Folks are not familiar with freight forwarders. Many are intimidated in the arcane world of international shipping or domestic small packages. Any parcel that is less than 108” in length plus girth and weighs less than 70 pounds qualifies, mostly. The mostly qualifies is the fine print that is restricted items you can’t ship. Reason being is the carriers do not insure the package. So what? Ever try to collect on damages or lost property from a carrier?

My point is if you and the recipient are on board with potential loss then everything is Rosetta. It all

depends on what end of the shipping transaction you are on.

If I’m selling total

cost savings to the customer I ship using Air City Post. I was sending a light small package to a customer in Asia.UPS Retail store quoted $245.00.

I went home opened up Parcel Monkey s freight forwarder connected to Air City Post. Parcel monkey quoted less than $50.00 for the trip. Guess who the carrier was? UPS.

The trick is carefully package and tape real good. Make sure your recipients  address is verified as correct to the letter and punctuation. Make sure the dimensions of the parcel are accurate. Make sure the weight is correct. 
in all my shipping experience I lost one parcel and it was my fault because of poor address hygiene. Almost forgot the shipping label needs to be protected with a clear sheet protector. If you are going overseas the international paper work is printed out that gets signed folded and put in a separate sheet protector.sheet protector.

If the shipper wants no liability and the customer is willing to pay the freight, insurance , and packaging service along with dunnage and the carton then bill the recipient full retail. I shipped a flawless Buick chrome tach from Lutherville MD to Missouri. The customer agreed to full UPS protection. The cost increased from $25-$29. To $78.00. The customer was okay with that shipping arrangement. Additionally, I had the foresight to have a live video of the Tach running on my Buick for the customer to view the tach working.

As, you know knowledge is power.

For fun give me your mailing address and we can make up a package and I get a quote and you get a quote from our individual sources and compare notes. 
You send to me and I’ll send to you:

B H Burnopp 

1604 Broadway Rd

Lutherville MD 21093-1507

) most rating engines do not take the last four digits. Of the zip code.

• Like 1

i remember a shipping cost of UPS for a very small code key for car that i ordered

it was in SOUTH Africa and it was to ship to France

it was exorbitant with UPS.... around $100 !!!!   thieves !!🥵 

i asked the vendor to send this part in a  single envelope trusting the post office !!

it arrived without problem and it cost nothing just a postage stamp !😁

4 hours ago, cquisuila said:

i remember a shipping cost of UPS for a very small code key for car that i ordered

it was in SOUTH Africa and it was to ship to France

it was exorbitant with UPS.... around $100 !!!!   thieves !!🥵 

i asked the vendor to send this part in a  single envelope trusting the post office !!

it arrived without problem and it cost nothing just a postage stamp !😁

I actually used to sell key fobs.  In the US, they work in an envelope with a stamp about 75% of the time.  Envelopes go through sorting machines and the machine can squeeze the key fob out like toothpaste.  I had no money in them, so I would just send another one if that happened.  Buyers knew this beforehand.

• cquisuila changed the title to WHEEL CAP riviera 1966- good purchase