For Sale: 1968 Chrysler Newport Convertible, many options, Sports Grain - $11,000 - Rixeyville, VA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1968 Chrysler Newport Convertible, many options, Sports Grain - $11,000 - Rixeyville, VA

1968 Chrysler Newport convertible - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1968 Chrysler Newport convertible. Very rare car with some rare options
Please call Joe for better description
Copy and paste in your email: 1b78a3ffec4c384aad2cb42e248fb514@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1968 Chrysler Newport Convertible.

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA aa.jpg

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA a.jpg

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA b.jpg

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA c.jpg

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA d.jpg

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA e.jpg

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA f.jpg

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA g.jpg

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA h.jpg

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA i.jpg

'68 Chrysler Newport conv VA j.jpg

• Like 1

An optimistic price for a somewhat scruffy car. Many side trim pieces are damaged and the lower one on the LF fender is missing, same fender is out of whack in front of the wheel, has later (GM?) wire hubcaps and the left rear quarter was repaired (the bottom isn't straight) as evidenced by the white rattle-can overspray on the bottom of the rear bumper. Says mileage is 100K, no pics inside the trunk or underhood, car is just not $11K nice IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, The 55er said:

has later (GM?) wire hubcaps

If this loaded car has the optional disc brakes then I believe it would/should have the unobtanium disc brake wheel covers. 

15 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A Newport optioned-up to the level of a New Yorker.  Wonder if it was a dealer-ordered demonstrator?

I would have to verify, but I dont think the Sportsgrain was available on the New Yorker. (Which I always thought was strange)

1 hour ago, m-mman said:

If this loaded car has the optional disc brakes then I believe it would/should have the unobtanium disc brake wheel covers. 

I would have to verify, but I dont think the Sportsgrain was available on the New Yorker. (Which I always thought was strange)

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states "An attractive option, made available in the spring, was wood-grained exterior side body paneling for Newport convertible and two-door hardtops."  Although the take-rate was a pretty small number, the option was continued for 1969 as "Newport Sports Grain siding ($127)"    I do recall seeing one or two 1968's but never a 1969 so optioned.

• Like 1