Looking to take the Durant East Coast Chapter somewhere for a spring meet, late April, early May any suggestions?

Durant Mike

Trying to start organizing a Durant Motors Automobile Club East Coast Chapter meet for late April, early May.  Been thinking about someplace in the mid Atlantic such as Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Cumberland, Maryland area or even someplace in Ohio. Must be friendly to the Durant era vehicles (1922 to 1932) so we don't like major cities or heavy traffic. Been to Frederick, Maryland, Gettysburg in 2019, Williamsburg in the past. Been to Lancaster too, but over 15 years ago. Love the covered bridges there and had a fantastic time. Great place to tour!  Usually like to take the group to at least one car related thing on one day and museums, steam train rides, other historic sites the other.  Any suggestions on places your car groups have been to in that area that was a great time and success among your club members?

• Like 1

I live in Cumberland, MD and would love to help you put on a meet! Cumberland, MD or Bedford, PA would be great locations with lots to do and see. We lost our large convention center so we can't host large AACA national events at this time, but smaller mark clubs can easily fit in our hotels. I've put on several tours myself of the area and helped with several other clubs visit the area. 

Only issue is that I'm a snowbird March and April and won't be back till mid-may. Otherwise I'd love to help. 

Kyle

Lots to do in the York/Lancaster area.  Several museums in York, especially industrial museum.  As mentioned above, Strasburg is good for the railroad museum, Rough and Tumble Engineers Association museum in Kinzers about 14 miles east of Lancaster, antique shops in center of Columbia.  Lots of Amish farms around.  Stay off Route 30 around York!!!  Gettysburg is worth multiple visits, climb to the top of the Pennsylvania monument building for a great view.  The Wyndham Lancaster Hotel on Rte. 30 can accommodate car tours, lots of parking space.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Durant Mike said:

Trying to start organizing a Durant Motors Automobile Club East Coast Chapter meet for late April, early May.  

Leaves are on the trees by the first of May in

southern Pennsylvania;  by mid-may in northern

Pennsylvania.  Two weeks prior to those dates,

the trees look bare and lifeless, though flowering

trees and bulbs may be blooming.

Plan your dates for foliage or the blooming, emerging

springtime.  Beautiful scenery always makes the drive

more interesting on a tour, especially when you're

driving leisurely!

How about contacting the Gettysburg Chapter of the AACA and discuss having a joint meet in combination with the Eastern Spring National  May 18-20?   A lot of the hard work has already been done by the AACA, and you could have the advantage of doing your judging AND having the cars AACA judged.

• Like 1