For Sale: 1928 Ford Model A Roadster - $9,000 - Oyster Bay, L.I.N.Y. - Not Mine

For Sale: 1928 Ford Model A Roadster - $9,000 - Oyster Bay, L.I.N.Y.

1928 model A ford - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1928 ford model A roadster. Rumble seat. 4cylinder standard shift. By appointment only. Call Jim, phone calls only. No text, No emails.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1928 Ford Model A Roadster.

'28 ford model A roadster LINY a.jpg

'28 ford model A roadster LINY b.jpg

'28 ford model A roadster LINY c.jpg

'28 ford model A roadster LINY d.jpg

'28 ford model A roadster LINY e.jpg

'28 ford model A roadster LINY f.jpg

'28 ford model A roadster LINY g.jpg

'28 ford model A roadster LINY h.jpg

'28 ford model A roadster LINY i.jpg

'28 ford model A roadster LINY j.jpg

'28 ford model A roadster LINY k.jpg

• Like 2

I certainly do not have any inside knowledge of this car. But it might be a legitimate advertisement in spite of some standoffish attitude ("By appointment only. Call Jim, phone calls only. No text, No emails.") Price seems very fair. If I were interested in a model A roadster, I would want to look into this one! 

However, I have seen a few older restoration model A roadsters shared here in the past year or two that were also very fair prices! And this car is not sharp. I see several things that will need attention. Generally, it looks like with just a bit of work one could have a fine driver model A. I think I am glad it is too far away. I still want something a bit earlier than that.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I would definitely take a look if it was in some other part of NY.  Long Island is an immediate NO.   It would have to be something really special to even consider it.  Fairly high on the bucket list and priced right. 

Why no Long Island?  Weather wear and tear?

Traffic and dealing with the city.  Many of us in upstate regard the city as like going to another country and avoid it if at all possible.  I have only been there once on a school trip.  That was enough (and that was years ago when it was most likely better) I prefer lots of trees and little people. 

• Like 4

Hey Guys 

I think your being a little rough on Long Island

i will agree with many things being said but at the same time we have some beautiful land here 

at times you could swear you were upstate or in PA. and the beaches we have great ones.

we also have one of the biggest and best car cultures in the US 

so understanding things are difficult in getting here, lets be a little more gracious to us "Long Islanders" lol

have a great New Year

Marty

• Like 1