1933 Buick Drop Head Coupè by Carlton Carriage $39K

Fun to see these coach built cars on familiar chassis! 

https://citymotors.to.it/cars/buick-albemarle-drop-head-coupe-by-carlton-carriage-company-1933/

Extremely rare car produced in very few units by the well-known English coachbuilder Carlton Carriage Company with aluminum bodywork, imported into Italy from the United Kingdom in the 1970s, in good condition, partially to be restored, Buick 8 Cyl engine, running mechanics, English papers  (Italy) +390119682655

20221026_115846-870x490.jpg20221026_115857-870x490.jpg20221026_115909-870x490.jpg20221026_115948-870x490.jpg20221026_115920-870x490.jpg20221026_120026-870x490.jpg

• Like 10

I really like a lot of the overseas coach-built American cars! Sadly, not many of them can make it back over to here. Understandable. Europeans pay good money to buy cars here, spend a bunch shipping them to their home, pay another bunch in import fees, taxes etcetera. Then when they need to sell them, they expect to recover some of those costs. And why not. Other Europeans would have to pay all those again if they went here to buy a car. So they will pay for those things for a car already in Europe. Why should a European collector sell a car for less to us than he can get from someone else over there?

Something a lot of people do not realize, is that much of Europe's automotive history was destroyed in WW2. Collectors over there need to reach out for prewar cars.

I may not get to see many cars like this over here? But I sure enjoy seeing pictures of them!

8 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

I really like a lot of the overseas coach-built American cars! Sadly, not many of them can make it back over to here. Understandable. Europeans pay good money to buy cars here, spend a bunch shipping them to their home, pay another bunch in import fees, taxes etcetera. Then when they need to sell them, they expect to recover some of those costs. And why not. Other Europeans would have to pay all those again if they went here to buy a car. So they will pay for those things for a car already in Europe. Why should a European collector sell a car for less to us than he can get from someone else over there?

Something a lot of people do not realize, is that much of Europe's automotive history was destroyed in WW2. Collectors over there need to reach out for prewar cars.

I may not get to see many cars like this over here? But I sure enjoy seeing pictures of them!

You guys really have no idea about exchange rates .When i came to the US in the nineties the $$ was 35% cheaper than now so a 10.000$  car costet me 6-7.000 Euro .Today the 10.000$$ car costs me 10.000 euro what makes a big difference in my wallet .On the other hand for a US buyer it is 30% cheaper :He had to pay about 13.000$$ to get a 10.000 euro car and now only 10.000$$ .So today  some cars go back to the US I l know its not easy to understand but as they its all about the money .So come over with your pockets full of money and i will show you around .

• Like 1

Gentleman.......it's NOT an American car. It's Canadian. And that could cause a problem bringing it back to the states, unless you just pretend it's just a Buick.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Gentleman.......it's NOT an American car. It's Canadian. And that could cause a problem bringing it back to the states, unless you just pretend it's just a Buick.

Ed; I think you are being very optimistic about the sophistication of those fine public servants at the border.  

• Like 1