Limos of the rich and famous - 1932

Crusty Trucker

(MODERATOR:  Maybe this should be in the "pre-WWII video" section, but I think it deserves a larger audience.)

This is a newly released restored film showing the premier night of the classic 1932 movie, "Grand Hotel", staring Greta Garbo, John and Lionel Barrymore, Joan Crawford, and Wallace Beery.

It shows many large, expensive cars dropping off the Hollywood glamour crowd at Grauman's Chinese Theater and the crowds and traffic of the period.

I hope this downloads for you OK.  Your comments are welcome.

https://www.motor1.com/news/625971/restored-film-1930s-cars-hollywood-chinese-theater/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is great , THANK YOU.   SO many neat things that "were/Was" you never ever see now. Spot lights shining into the sky were even still going on into the early 1960s ( had them next door tome at Belmont Park race track on long island) probably were outlawed due to airplane traffic at night that was blinded.

One car with twin rear mounted spare tires behind a trunk, 1 car with a pilot ray light that did not turn nor was lit, one town cars with open front , note the lit tali lights working - when was the last time ( if ever) you saw this in person? Most all the people wearing coats, hats etc. looking elegantly dressed - this being the spectators.

Perhaps today you do not see this enthusiasm, crowds because then you had to be there in person - could not see it on TV which didn't exist - reports then were only in newsreels at the movies.

I will stop here as I can only wish we still had movie stars , character actors like Wallace Beery, Sidney Toiler, Thelma Todd , Alan Dinehart etc.

• Like 2

I recently watched this on YouTube and  also thought it needs to be here. It still amazes me that even the streetlights and shop lights are brighter than the headlights. That is the reason I don't drive my early 30's vehicle after dusk.