For Sale: 1936 REO Flying Cloud - $17,000 (Ortonville, MN)

The 1936 REO Flying Clouds were the last REO passenger cars, production for the two body styles in standard and deluxe trim levels which included two-door sedans in addition to these four door sedans was 3,206 cars.  All subsequent REO production concentrated on trucks.

• Like 1

I don't think the price is out of line but it will still take the right person.  This one looks restored, when in many cases these have shabby interiors, questionable mechanics and so on.  

There is very little market demand for the car, in my novice opinion.  For example, if it was a 36 Ford or Chevy, and perhaps even a Buick or most GM makes, there would be club members looking for it, finding it, discussing it and someone would likely pull the trigger in this price range.  

But this is kind of a unicorn.  I remember REO and I knew they were about done in 1935-36, but I do not actively seek them out.  It will take a special buyer, and it will likely be a 3rd or 4th car in a collection, one that the owner takes out a few times a year to shows, and at those shows, unlike the Mustang, Camaro or Corvette cars, he will have a looonnngggg placard explaining what an REO is and why this one is so special.  

I don't recall clearly at the moment, but I think that this is a body that REO may have bought from Graham. Does that ring a bell with any of you? This car has very attractive and somewhat conservative upholstery fabric that I admire. This seller has several other vintage cars listed, as well. Click on the "more ads by this user" link.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)