'50 Frazer Manhattan $20K very nice!

You don't see many like this! (more pics in the ad)

https://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/cto/d/aztec-1950-frazer-manhattan-restored/7554309770.html

1 of 3 known to exist
4,000 miles on restore
Restored as close to original as possible  Rebuilt numbers matching engine, transmission, and overdrive
New front end and steering box  New brakes and master cylinder New wiring with the right wire
New radiator New door seals Firestone bias tires
High book $29,950
Low book $9,950
Possible trade (505) 419-7310

101717_Orcq7GnppQz_0t20t2_600x450.jpg00I0I_2LLpBBuNSyz_0t20t2_600x450.jpg00o0o_4VdDflaeLW8z_0t20t2_600x450.jpg00N0N_90DzUM6PTMZz_0t20t2_600x450.jpg00x0x_kH7Lmxwe3l7z_0t20t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

Restored as close to original as possible  

I wonder how close that color is to original? Regardless, I really like that color on this Frazer. It makes the car, in my opinion. I've seen many others of this make an model in different colors that were much less striking. And the interior matches it very well.

11 hours ago, JamesR said:

I wonder how close that color is to original? 

The paint doesn't look quite right to me.  If Frazer indeed

offered metallic paints, this repaint looks TOO metallic.

Or perhaps it was done in basecoat-clearcoat, which

is giving a brighter appearance than the paint should have.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to the KF club's vehicle registry, they are aware of 62 1949-50 Frazer Manhattan sedans. A total of 9248 were originally manufactured. Most survivors were long ago cannibalized to restore the more valuable convertibles and hardtops.

Originally planned for just the 1949 model year, over production meant that leftovers were reserialed as 1950 model year cars. Strangely, most of the survivors seem to be 1950 versions.

Fender skirts could be added to the sedan and dealers sold a kit to do so, but originally, they were only factory installed on the hardtop and convertibles for 1949 and 1950. I, too, suspect that the paint isn't correct. It looks like a metallic and in 1949, the red - called Dubonnet - was not.

Somewhere just north of half the asking price is probably more correct for this car, although restoration costs probably meet or exceed the current ask. It is a nice car overall!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...