For Sale: 1928 Hupmobile Centry Six - $14,900 - near Medford, OR

Not Mine

https://medford.craigslist.org/cto/d/medford-1928-hupmobile-beautiful-and/7553843238.html

Beautiful, true survivor 1928 Hupmobile Centry Six. This is a very rare and unique, coachbuilt car. She's not flawless but truly lovely and in excellent condtion for her age. I believe it had a minor restoration on a nice original in the 70s or 80s? Flathead 6 with 3 speed that runs and drives well although she is obviously an antique. (Meaning, she's not fast or agile by modern standards.) If not familiar, Hupmobile was an upper end manufacturer that closed in 1940. In 1928 you could buy a new Ford Model A for $595 this car was over $3000.. Most likely chauffeur driven. Very special car, just considering a change. $14,900 Always consider offers and trades. Thanks for looking.

number / text:
(541) 301-99 two six

am0100G0G_e3mKbpzjQi5z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

am0200K0K_6zJnnAikzCgz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

am0400g0g_7vIAyETjklhz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

am0301010_ibLU6cEcWjaz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Wow! Such wild claims! Chauffeur driven? Coach-built? Over three thousand dollars new? According to the Kimes and Clark catalog, the Hupmobile six cylinder sedan in 1928 was about $1400. The wire wheels would have added a bit. But criminy!

Wayne, you do not understand the art of sellling!

Lose the white walls and I like it.

• Like 2

In all the hype, he forgot to mention the most significant thing about the Century Series Hupmobile is the design is credited to Amos Northup the chief designer for Murray Corporation, the production body producer.

The Hupmobile Century Six would have been 'cross-shopped' among the six-cylinder Buicks, Chryslers, Studebakers, Nashes and Hudsons.  Well-off buyers in the $3,000 segment only considered those cars when selecting a car for the household help to use for errands.

• Like 1

Lots of good looks for the money.  The local villages around me have "cruise nights" usually once a week in the summer and all the usual suspects show up (chevelles, corvettes, Model A's Tri-Fives......etc.....).  I think this would draw a crowd.   

• Like 3