Figured I’d ask the experts

Porsche 68

Not mine a friend just bought this I’m a pre war Dodge guy 27 28 Buick? Incredibly all original last taged 1942 No rot whatsoever motor turns all there but rims Does any body know what size and manufacture of the rims are I am going to get it running for him And yes I know the the procedure for bringing the dead back to life it’s one of my favorite things in the old car to do Also in the pictures there what looks like a original oil filter system on passenger fire wall.   John

D29EBF38-150D-4A5F-82FE-4807E30D871D.jpeg

50F1200D-42C3-4E14-8C97-471E6F0BE0EA.jpeg

The tank in the picture IS the oil filter, which has been bypassed as usual. There is no replaceable cartridge in these so they have to be cleaned. The oil circuit goes through it so you can't just plug it off, you have to make a bypass, which they have done correctly, if not artistically. 

The plate on the firewall will answer the year and model question. Can't quite read it but will be 28-26 I think.  1928 model 26 - Standard series 2 dr sedan. 

Edited by Oldtech (see edit history)
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Leif Holmberg said:

This`s a 1928 model 20 on the plate show 28-20 and that`s a 2 door Coach Standard model .(28-26 is a coupe model).21" tires ,old dimention =31 x 5,25 .

Memory isn't always perfect these days!

• Like 1