Hershey 1st timer

Pont 46

Just to make sure my plans sound semi resonable

Hello Coming to hershey for 1st time. I live just south of San Francisco.

We just got back from a 3 week trip to austrilla, we were averaging 7-10 miles walking everyday, so boots and legs are ready.

I have 1946 pontiac sport coupe, I really don't need anything for it, (lol) really. so my trip is to shop enjoy and buy thing and buy things i don't need.

Coming in oct 3 visiting aaca museum 

Oct 4, shop  and then from 4pm -7pm literature sale at aaca 

October 5 th shop and look at car corral for cars I cant afford

October 6 th shop and leave around 2pm to make my 7 pm flght back home.

I understand car parade is on ctober 7th, and would love to see it, but been away from home alot last 3 three months, and a little road tired and will be traveling again in November to Boston to see our son.

thanks for reading, 

(BTW if you have a garage for rent in San Francisco area let me know)

Hello!  My son lives in Mountain View.  Hope you enjoy your visit.  There is a lot you can do while at Hershey.  The AACA automobile museum is a driving distance away from the Hershey fall meet area, however the new AACA library is right next to the meet.  Local nearby antique shops will be open later hours too and are fun to explore.  Lots of food choices available.  Local weather is showing great weather Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Have fun!

Go to the RM Auction site, and be sure to visit the auction preview. It’s about four miles from the field. Trust me, don’t miss it.

• Like 1

The one thing I always tell people who are contemplating or have made the commitment to attend Fall Hershey for the first time, is the warning that once you’ve been there, you’ll be going back every year!   I attended my first one in 2001, and when I arrived on Friday, there was three inches of rain and a commensurate amount of mud that day, and the car corral that year was at the parking lot of the outlet stores’ plaza.   We were shuttled on school buses packed in as tight as sardines, and there was so much water vapor from the sopping wet clothes everyone had one, the windows on the bus fogged up.  

And even with all of that happening, I loved it, and with the exceptions of 2020 and 2016 (when I suffered a leg injury in August and had five months of rehabilitation), I have been back every year since that first one.   And as long as God is willing and the creeks don’t rise, I will be back in Chocolate Town on Monday for the duration.

thank you starfire i have been reading up on like you said and yes it sounds just amaing. can't wait to see it. i will buy you are beer, or soft drink, or a pb and j sandwich if i see you there.

First timer, be sure to check out the Race Car Condition Run held in the stadium Thursday at 10:30 AM. All the race cars entered in the judging make several laps around the track.

Thank you, would love to see that, i just changed my flight and added another day at Hershey.

Just from my experience of racing, if anyone ever gets a chance to see any type of racing at the Salt flats in Utah is well worth it.

Besides it being in one of the most unique spots on the earth, I dont say that often,  every type of car, big, small, its wild. 

The salt is the purest color if white I have ever seen. 

Thanks again