shop that restores instrument clusters

Doctor's Pontiac

The glovebox door of my 41 Oldsmobile has very deep scratches in the glass (plastic) that no amount of polish can repair. Needs replacement. Any shops in the country that restore this type of parts?

181661BB-B376-4C43-8778-4A94A6038C25.jpeg.e8f14be2d30dfd7d7ee2920ec00b9c14.jpeg

C03AA62C-254A-4AB3-9D1E-21BBC510ECA2.jpeg.9e811c279e65e81bb5e88690538c6df6.jpeg

The bezel and background color are both nice. The lens is held by the chrome piece bent over it. I am sure I will damage it if I try to remove it.

Thank you for any contact information 

Manuel 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 61polara said:

Those are stress cracks in the plastic lens.  We may be able to recast that for you in modern UV resistant resin.  Contact me to discuss.

www.DandDAutomobilia.com

Cool, didn't know you existed!  Now added to my file.

23 hours ago, 61polara said:

Those are stress cracks in the plastic lens.  We may be able to recast that for you in modern UV resistant resin.  Contact me to discuss.

www.DandDAutomobilia.com

Thank you, email sent

Manuel 

8 hours ago, KURTRUK said:

This ebay seller has an amazing selection of instrument lenses available new silk-screened.  Including yours:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124993330649?hash=item1d1a2eddd9:g:JfIAAOSwxKFdm98M

I cannot vouch for the quality, just have found him searching for something else.

Looks like this is the best way to go on this one.

The original is a 3 dimensional piece of plastic where the center is raised above the edge. The Ebay version is a flat piece of glass with the correct numbers silkscreened on. They are not the same. The flat glass version is much easier to make. It is up to the car owner to decide how authentic he wants the dash and how much money he is willing to spend to get it. 

• Like 1

I have seen the glass version a few months ago and looks nice but I want to keep stock. Installing the glass involves additional skills that I lack and risk of braking it.  I will look for an original in better shape than mine. A custom reproduction as offered is likely to be perfect but cost is too high and unfortunately will have to pass for now.  Manuel