Requesting value input on two Buick GS cars

Tim Scheidegger

I am selling a 1971 Buick GS 455 with an original grill. 2 dr hardtop.  Clear title. New windshield and a 1969 Buick GS 400 2 dr hardtop factory 4 speed with bucket seats.   
They both are project cars and I am not able to complete them. They are in Southern Colorado.    I would appreciate input on their value.  Thanks 

Edited by Tim Scheidegger (see edit history)

Given the info you've provided, the value is somewhere between a million bucks and scrap value. Look, if you want a better answer, provide a LOT more information and tons of photos. The mind reading thing isn't working. And to be honest, the "value determinations" you get for free will be worth every penny.

• Like 6

What Joe said is correct. You’ve provided zero information, so expect zero useful feedback.

If you want real feedback, you need to post a pile of pictures, history of the cars, what level of matching the components are, etc. Otherwise we’re just wasting our time.

1 hour ago, joe_padavano said:

...the "value determinations" you get for free will be worth every penny.

Tim, we're happy to help, but as others have mentioned,

pictures and additional information are required.  The responders

surely didn't mean you any disrespect:  Some newcomers post

on this site but never reply and miss all the excellent insights.

Values may be approximate, but they should be helpful.

Certainly some people here can give price estimates.  Indeed,

paid appraisers they often regard as unknowledgeable and

unhelpful, so there has to be SOME method of determining value!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Keep scrolling down forums to Buick forums. There's a GS subforum in there along with postwar Buick. The Buick guys will have a better handle on these.

Have these always been Colorado desert cars? Minor to no rust is always a big selling point on that era GM A-body cars, even if they're parts cars.

You will find that most old people never want to talk about how much they paid or how much they sold anything for. Big secret, hush, hush, and all that. To the extent of being comical about it. All you will get is speculation.

At times I have talked to sellers who didn't have a price. I asked them what they would buy if they had some extra money. Sometimes I have said "I will give you the money for that in exchange for the car".

Once a guy told me he would spend extra cash on a new roof for his garage, about $2,000. I offered that for his Cadillac. Pre-cellphone days, I drove the whole 90 miles home hoping he had not left a message accepting my offer. Luckily he didn't.

i might give you what i sold my 68 GS400 4sp ac convertible for…

got $275 for it in 74. had over 100,000 miles on it and needed a new top. the previous owner, my brother and I drove the crap out of that car until it was such a hassle to buy gas for it. (that was in anaheim ca.)

Edited by mrspeedyt (see edit history)
  • Like 1