GM 1271089-1 10 2 or 10 20 In a 35 Buick Sedan

Dons Boy

The crack may be repairable. Would need a picture of the crack and more information about the condition of the rest of the engine for others with this experience to chime in. Good luck! 

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Edited by rodneybeauchamp
Extra information (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Ned a pic of the body plate on the firewall to determine the model of the car. I assume it is an eight from one of the larger series? There were three different block sizes in that 1931-35 era.

Presumably looks like this when more complete? The plug cover is not fitted to this one

See the source image

• Like 1

I hope you find one, but I'm with @rodneybeauchamp, in that yours can probably be fixed. Depending on where the crack or cracks are (it's never ONE crack), it might not even be that expensive. Modern cold stitching, if possible on your crack(s), avoids the problems associated with welding a precision machined cast iron part like a block.

Welcome to the forum!

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

The number stamped above the cover reads as 29465?  That would put it as 1934-35 block.

With more photos (from a distance) others will be able to identify.

What is the bore x stroke?

As above the cowl data plate will tell us more.

BCA judging rev2 pg24 1923-1937 extract.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Then what does the 10-29 mean?

casting date codes with only 2 numbers are always month/day.   Codes were only for factory reference to know exactly what day it was cast.   

also, the 2 brass fittings for the oil temperature conditioner would not be there on a small 40 series block, so it's a bigger series than a 40

• Like 1

A0CA2A7C-261A-444A-B5CA-6F9DF17296AE.jpeg.13ccc808ba59365463ba5830bbeb0c61.jpegThanks everyone for responding! I am just starting to dive into this . My Dad passed away and I don’t know a lot about where he was in process. He was going to rebuild it when he retired and he passed away a couple months before that. I will put more pics. I have info in boxes on it. I know it has a cracked block or head and is missing a horn trumpet. He belonged to a Buick club and may very well have been in this as well. 

Edited by Dons Boy (see edit history)

I have a 35 40 series Buick and it developed a very small leak in the water jacket.I sealed t with j b weld and so good so far.Anyway I have an odd request.Dose your car have any of the original window markings or"bugs" as they call them? I was going to get one made for mine and wanted to know what they looked like.I have a picture of a 36s but not sure if it's the same.Thanks

• Like 1