1947 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible

define "very good condition"   You or someone else may look at the tires and think they are good because they don't show wear aren't scuffed up etc BUT are they old and starting to show signs of age cracking?  What is the condition of the wiring? New Harness or original in all respects that if it is looks great but the insulation can be dried out and so the electricity will arc through the insulation. Glass good, but is it yellowed, cracking by separation so has fogged over as to not see clearly through it.........

• Like 3

Really hard to give a value without any photos.  Post a few photos (inside, outside, under the hood, underneath, even if it's juts a few random shots) as well as a location.  That will really help.  Often location can add a or subtract a few thousand because of the cost of shipping.  Also is it running driving ready to go,  or has it been laid up for any extended period of time?  Turn key adds to value.  Not running takes away. Somewhere on my bucket list has been one ever since I saw Back to the Future and thought how cool Biff's Car was at the time.   

• Like 2

Pictures (current condition) would help immensely.  Looking at auction sites like Bring A Trailer or Hemings auctions would help too.  Very good condition is too broad of a description without more specific information as Walt indicated.  Your location is also helpful as cars off the beaten path might require a buyer to include transportation costs in his offer.

Welcome to the site.

Looks like auburnseeker has a lot of the same ideas😀.

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, griffinwalker5 said:

Hello everyone, 

I have a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible in a maroon color that I am looking to sell. It is in very good condition. What would you think a car like this would go for and the best approach on selling it? thank you

"..the best approach to selling."  Try posting plenty of detailed photos and info and you'll get some great info.

• Like 1

Nice car , certainly worth a visit for an interested party , bit somber colour combo for my taste , prefer the brighter combo ‘s that began to appear in early 50s , but I’m sure will appeal to many.

Current value , I think still too many unknowns  ie how long been standing , engine condition , underside condition etc to make accurate estimate without  an on-site appraisal,  but look at Hemmings price guide should provide approximate figure relative to condition, my guess 25/35k 

good luck with your sale .

Edited by Pilgrim65
Grammar error (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Much better to see to try to help - you still need to let anyone know if the assorted systems work : wipers? all lamps ( head, tail, dash, spotlight parking lights, brake lights, reverse gear light ) as mentioned tires are? better to roll the car out into the driveway and day light to make a better evaluation. Are the floors solid, patched etc.  Top material is ?

Sorry griffenwalker5,  but in my opinion, someone who takes a few pictures inside of a garage is not really serious about selling  a car. ☹️

If you want to sell it, take it out in the sunshine and take several shots, moving the car to get the best sunshine on the details that you want to highlight. (this also shows that it runs

(sorry about the caps but I can't remove them))

Edited by Roger Walling (see edit history)

Looks like it was restored/ refurbished at some point.  Would still need better photos and some answers to Walt's questions to get a better figure.  Condition of paint and how authentic the interior is to original will affect value.  Paint jobs are a huge expense,( if you can even find someone to do one)  so if it's cracked or lifting anywhere ,  that can affect the value by quite a bit.  Also underneath is important as to wether it was a rusty car before being refurbished. 

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the correct interior for 46-48 Ford convertibles is?  I always thought woodgrained dashes and tutone upholstery,  but Images on the web show all kinds of combinations. 

Here is what I thought they originally were. but I saw some done as the OP's car.  Of course there were other color combos.  

image.jpeg.3b407d21f673072462e470b157ba4632.jpeg

If you are content trying to work via the forum you'll need to post a lot more info, particularly on the history of the car. Restored? Repainted? Last driven? Title in your name? Etc. Best bet is contact the nearest AACA Region and see if you can get some members to help evaluate the car thoroughly. That's also the best way to sell- locally if you can to a club member who can do the work and appreciate it. As it sits, I'd think $15k would be a good starting guess. More info might move the needle either way. 

Terry 

I think Terry made a reasonable assessment based on what is known. 
Indicators I noticed are that the paint is blotchy and dull at the top of the windshield and on the cowl, and the whitewalls are showing discoloration from age.  We don't know the condition of the top or the cloth portion of the seats.  (The view showing the seat bottoms is Auburnseeker's).
Though early V8 convertibles will always be cool and have a following, many of those interested in cars of this era are or nearly are on the wrong side of the sod.  (Including yours truly?)  One of my favorite cars was my '41 Ford Super Deluxe convertible, owned in the early '50's.  The Early V8 club's membership has been dropping, so expanding the list of vehicles deemed acceptable is under discussion as a means of bolstering the roster.  
If I were a potential buyer I would want to personally inspect the car and go from there. 

Edited by Dave Henderson (see edit history)

A good cleaning would help.  My first impression from the pics is it’s been sitting a while.  The dirt/dust at the top and bottom of the windshield makes me think that way.  I think it’s also been converted to 12V based on the battery photo.  Thanks for posting pics and hopefully realize the criticisms here are meant to be constructive in helping you get a reasonable valuation on it.  

• Like 4