For Sale: 1957 Buick Century Riviera - "All original, Rust free" - "50,000 original miles, Original paint" - "Stored since 2000, Not running" - Dallas, TX - Not Mine - 7/23 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1957 Buick Century Riviera 2-door Hardtop in Dallas, TX  -  $19,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/729480275050115/1957-Buick-Century-Riviera

Seller's Description:

1957 Buick Century Riviera 2-door Hardtop

• Driven 50,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Pink · Interior color: White

1957 Buick century r (riviera package) this is an all original rust free Buick. She has been off the road and stored inside since 2000. 50,000 original miles and original paint. She started life in Denton, Texas was moved to California then back to Dallas. This is a great original Buick century r. It is not running at this time do from sitting. Clear Texas title, old manuals, spare parts new/used. May trade for old 4x4s, muscle cars, race cars.

image.png.cc0c25b07b07d7bf6a3aa3467ee76508.png

image.png.f858e36fd283bbc99fb622ee3437a495.png

image.png.71877b923e4f8cd3d5820b1dc1808807.png

image.png.50e5dbca6ef67d95a9a6c1e63bd10603.png

image.png.55241c987b649239af8440769e8001b2.png

image.png.31434fbaf80ea53ee2131b630692bd22.png

image.png.4b0bfa254fe2325516d041e838fff01a.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  Really neat car!  Unfortunately looks like at least the AC compressor is missing.  Has the rare early version AC vent on the dash, which I've only seen on one other car.  There was a campaign to replace them with the much nicer chrome one, but some cars never had that done.

I can't decide whether I'm unlucky or lucky that cars like this are rarely nearby.

Edited by lancemb (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lancemb said:

Wow!  Really neat car!  Unfortunately looks like at least the AC compressor is missing.  Has the rare early version AC vent on the dash, which I've only seen on one other car.  There was a campaign to replace them with the much nicer chrome one, but some cars never had that done.

I can't decide whether I'm unlucky or lucky that cars like this are rarely nearby.

Nearby is relative.   Road Trip!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

This is not far from me, so if anyone wants it looked at, I can do that for a little gas money. Agree that the price is high for something that doesn't run. Looks like radio is missing and possibly the gauges (?).

Pete Phillips

Good eye.  I hadn't noticed the lack of gauges.

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)

5 hours ago, lancemb said:

Lance it has your name on it.

28 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

Looks like the A/C compressor and most of its plumbing and attachments are also missing. I don't see a power steering reservoir, either. Shouldn't it sit up high enough to be seen in that engine photo?

I do not see the power steering pump either, it should be on the drivers side of the engine compartment up high.

also missing is the plastic flap/cover that attaches to the 2 metal clips in the center cowl area by wiper motor to keep rain water from draining onto the distributor cap area.

Bob

Some or all of these parts may be present in the trunk or something.  If I was in the market for another 57 it would be worth calling about to discuss, along with a more realistic price.  On most cars, I'd just move on if price was too high.  On a really nice survivor with potential though it's worth the inquiry.

@NailheadBob my next car will be at least 11 years newer...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Smartin said:

I’ve put in several bids trying to push to see if there’s a reasonable reserve.  Not likely to keep pushing though.

I thought maybe the Gonzo money was burning a hole in your pocket🤣

2 hours ago, Smartin said:

SOLD at $12,350.  Not sure if this was one I should've gone after or not.  Too late now😁

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

You know there will be others.  

There is a promising 1958 Super also posted in

the Buick-Not Mine section.  It needs to find a new

owner among enthusiastic Buick fans!

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Buick Century Riviera - "All original, Rust free" - "50,000 original miles, Original paint" - "Stored since 2000, Not running" - Dallas, TX - Not Mine - 7/23 SOLD!