For Sale: 1953 Nash Rambler Convertible - "Very complete, Solid and Unique" - Beaverton, OR - Not Mine - 6/22 SOLD!

For sale on Craigslist: 1953 Nash Rambler Convertible in Beaverton, OR  -  $6,500  -  Call Dan: 503 40 seven 8189

Link: https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/d/beaverton-1953-nash-convertible/7497146947.html

Seller's Description:

1953 Nash Rambler Convertible

• condition: good
  • cylinders: 6 cylinders
  • transmission: manual
  • odometer: 10,000
  • odometer broken
  • paint color: grey
  • title status: clean

1953 Nash convertible  -  Very complete  -  Very solid. Found one rust spot on passenger floor shown in picture 1”x3”  -  Not running. Was told ran good before storage  -  Complete convertible mechanics all there  -  Even stock radio  -  New cloth top still in box  -  Original trunk mat  -  Store inside for 30 years plus  -  Clean title
You won’t find a more unique, solid, complete car to restore.  $6,500.00

image.png.f99f8f4f7c5a406142e18397cc7a96d8.png

image.png.fedea12da35bb6402b9ed24eeb32ce79.png

image.png.cb92b59ee672d487667758f75e4e15a1.png

image.png.0af1e114669b454bf1440a9a11d76b00.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is this spool and cable arrangement, ...top? ...wipers? ...??

image.png.42523145c8b7f8f9f1be190f35c6244e.png

Next to the design of the top, I think the gear shifter coming out of the dash is pretty neat. My aunt/godmother had a very similar one which she drove and enjoyed for years. Slow but reliable. The front seat may have reclined (not flat) but to a very comfortable attitude, if I remember correctly (maybe not).

Edited by Twisted Shifter (see edit history)
  • Like 1

A week of cleaning , a couple days to patch and seal the floors.

A week to replace the top , (supplied)

A couple days to install seat covers

A week to do the brakes

A couple days to clean the gas tank

A week of tinkering

I see no need to restore to have fun.

I'm an optimistic guy.

Neat car

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Twisted Shifter said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is this spool and cable arrangement, ...top? ...wipers? ...??

image.png.42523145c8b7f8f9f1be190f35c6244e.png

Next to the design of the top, I think the gear shifter coming out of the dash is pretty neat. My aunt/godmother had a very similar one which she drove and enjoyed for years. Slow but reliable. The front seat may have reclined (not flat) but to a very comfortable attitude, if I remember correctly (maybe not).

Those are the cables for the top

I LIKE odd-ball!  (My Current fleet includes multiple Corvairs, an Edsel, & an FC170 Willys).  If this were in Central Virginia, I might consider it...

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1953 Nash Rambler Convertible - "Very complete, Solid and Unique" - Beaverton, OR - Not Mine - 6/22 SOLD!