Help identify this 20's coupe body added to a 1919 Reo chassis (Holmes wrecker) just purchased

BryanC17reo

The sharply creased cowl and the rounded radiator shell suggest a mis-match. If rad is REO (along with chassis, headlights, fenders etc), then it is only cowl and tub that needs identifying. However, from front closeup view, frame, fenders and rad shell, headlights seem from one vehicle, but I don't see a REO with that rad shell dip on top? Dash picture should get us there shortly for main body. I'm stumped on what we have here.

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)

This photo of a 1922 Velie ticks a few of the cowl ID boxes with inverted hood louvres, cowl lights, cowl vent, and split lower windshield.  But, the curved windshield  glass and pillars don't match. 

velie-car.jpg

26 minutes ago, Carroll_1 said:

This photo of a 1922 Velie ticks a few of the cowl ID boxes with inverted hood louvres, cowl lights, cowl vent, and split lower windshield.  But, the curved windshield  glass and pillars don't match. 

velie-car.jpg

They don't match because the wrecker has a closed car cowl and not a touring car cowl.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

They don't match because the wrecker has a closed car cowl and not a touring car cowl.

You are correct. I've looked at so many Internet photos I can't see the forest for trees. 

Craig not many closed car photos of velie , nearly certain the the hood is very velie and the headlights / shell is Mitchell , getting closer , when I get to look at it personally Thursday I may find more clues , thanks for everything ,he'll know what I mean !!!!!!!

The most intriguing "clue" I see in the original photos is interesting way the headlights are mounted directly to the side of the radiator shell, instead of the more-common headlight bar attached to fenders. Is that a REO Speedwagon thing, maybe?