Possible rear seat install?

formynk

Is there any possibility of fitting a rear seat from a riviera or a trofeo in the rear of a reatta? I know the wheelbase is roughly 10 inches shorter than other e bodies, but without any consideration for leg/head room is there any chance of a seat fitting back there?

You could stick your feet into the trunk through the hatch, lean back against the console and look out the back window. Putting a thick pillow over the console would probably make it more comfortable but you could do it without any modifications. I think you would have plenty of headroom and legroom but getting in and out would be a bitch. :) 

• Haha 1

There isn’t any headroom facing forward. I am short and my son and I did a short test drive with only a drivers seat. Even reclining pretty severely with no seat in front of me, the back window is right on top of you. 

I've owned two '92 Rivieras and two '91 Reattas (still have one Reatta).  Trust me, there's no way a 7th generation Riviera back seat will fit in a Reatta.  Just trying to crawl back there to clean the back window is an almost impossible chore .... just sayin'

PS:  And I'm only 5'6''

Edited by dship (see edit history)

It would not be plug n play....... there is a fiberglass floor behind the Reatta seats that contains the storage bins. 

if you remove that it gives you some room but the factory side panels curve and restrict the seat from fitting in the corners. 

If you were able to install one, who would sit in it?