1929 Cadillac club sedan in WA state

Craigslist ad:   

1929 Cadillac town sedan.
Perfect for rat rod, patina resto mod, restore, custom hot rod or Al Capone clone.

This is the same year, make and model of the famous Capone gang car.

Flathead V8, big car. Very complete 98%. Including hood ornament.

This car has the desired Buffalo wheels including the centers and the tool.
Wheels alone go for nearly $1000 ea. my plan was to sell them to recuperate some money then put the body onto a suburban chassis and make a Ratillac.
I now have bigger projects and not enough time or space.
Many new parts in trunk.
Body is great and solid. Paint and interior are shot but interior can be used for patterns. Only through rust is on running boards and running board aprons. Both are easy to fabricate.

This is a big car with lots of room for hot rod motor and running gear. The frame is 7 inches and strong enough for some horsepower.
$10’000
title In my name and in hand.
Darren
Three , six , zero , 349 ,zero , 192.

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

Larger Mercedes from the late 30's are not all associated with Hitler, I don't see why every late 20's sedan is a "Gangster Car". 

I's suggest that it's the cumulative effect of about 4 decades of popular media gangster worship, but that would make me sound like an old man.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alsfarms said:

I see a right side fender mount spare and also a rear mount for the spare.  Is that very typical? 

Look carefully there is a well and mounting bracket on the left side too. 

However, the production records DO show some produced with only one side mount. Dont think there were any with one side mount and a rear mount. 

Sadly, even the shipping would put you upside down. This is an Ed Minnie approved parts car. 

On 4/9/2022 at 9:19 PM, alsfarms said:

I see a right side fender mount spare and also a rear mount for the spare.  Is that very typical?  I have only been aware of twin side mounts ( 6 wheel car) or rear spare (5 wheel car).  

I had a 34 Dodge sedan that had only one side mount with a luggage rack.

Edited by Buick35
Spelling (see edit history)

It was not common to have one or more side mounts and a rear spare. However, I have read of a few exceptions. Usually on a car purchased for an extensive European vacation or other major multi-national trip. Years ago I saw several era photos of a Classic sedan touring around Africa in the early 1930s. The rear and side mounts could be seen in the pictures.

More likely, this car originally had just the rear spare tire, and somebody fifty or sixty years ago wanted the more desirable dual side mounts on it. They probably just never got around to removing the rear spare brackets. In those days, real parts cars were common, and fenders including all the brackets could be had for not a lot of dollars. Forty to fifty years ago? I knew a dozen people that had converted CCCA cars to dual side mounts.

• Like 2