1936 Ford Pheaton $7500.00

Good start for a big project! 

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/original-1936-ford-pheaton-project.1259873/

For Sale is a 1936 Ford 4 Door Pheaton Convertible. It's a stalled out restoration project that really needs to be in the right hands to be finished correctly. It has alot of really good parts and some not so good aspects.

First the good: Chassis supposedly has been gone through and cleaned up and restored years ago. Everything looks decent underneath. Still has mechanical brakes. Gas tank looks either new or restored. After the chassis was done, the previous owner moved on to the Fenders and front end sheetmetal. Everything you see thats black has all been body worked and freshly painted. One dent in the driver fender from shelf wear. The underneath of the fenders are as nice as the top. The firewall was also painted at that time. Some new wood is also included with the car. The roof bows look new. The new rear wood is there in pieces, some has been installed. The original front doors wood looks solid and usable, while the rear doors have some wood pieces but will need some pieces.

The bad part of the car is basically the rest of the body. The floor must have been gone during restoration so it looks like a donor floor has been added and never finished. The car is just mocked up for pictures so you can see whats there. The pheaton body will need finished and attached to the floor. Not a big deal if you know what your doing, but its out of my league. What you see is what I have for it. The dash is a fiberglass dash with an original glove box door. It does come with an ohio title. The original flathead is there,, dont know anything about it,, was supposed to run, but I doubt it. Dm with any questions or comments. Im selling for my dad, so give him a call. 330 715 3892 Paul. Located near Akron Ohio.

20220327_133555.jpg20220327_133710.jpg

20220327_133826.jpg20220327_133853.jpg20220327_134016.jpg

• Like 1

This car reminds me of the one my dad did a no expense spared restoration on 35 years ago.    His first car was a 36 Ford sedan and he was being nostalgic.   He gets the car finished,  same blue as this one, and pulls it out of the garage.   Drives around the block,  pulls in the drive, gets out and says "well, that wasn't as much fun as I remembered it".    Traded it with Tom Crook for a Packard not to long after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2022 at 1:16 PM, alsancle said:

This car reminds me of the one my dad did a no expense spared restoration on 35 years ago.    His first car was a 36 Ford sedan and he was being nostalgic.   He gets the car finished,  same blue as this one, and pulls it out of the garage.   Drives around the block,  pulls in the drive, gets out and says "well, that wasn't as much fun as I remembered it".    Traded it with Tom Crook for a Packard not to long after.

That sounds like something my father would have done!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Maybe I'm just being "pickey"

but wish people would learn to spell the PHAETON (not pheaton)

Agreed!

Also, I wish people would learn to spell the model of car they are selling! Just two recent examples: a “Camero” and a “Balvadere.” I mean, it’s written right on the car and you can’t get it right in the ad?

Sorry. Rant over. 😀

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

Agreed!

Also, I wish people would learn to spell the model of car they are selling! Just two recent examples: a “Camero” and a “Balvadere.” I mean, it’s written right on the car and you can’t get it right in the ad?

Sorry. Rant over. 😀

Amen.  My favorites include "Alpha Romero" and "V8" when only a straight 8 was available.

• Like 3