Will a Dynoflow work for towing?

Grimice

My grandfather was an avid boat racer in the 40', 50's and early 60's. His big racer was a 25 foot plus custom V hull. When he decided to buy a new car in 1959 the only thing he would look at was Buick as he had herd from others that they were heavy duty and reliable for towing. I now own his 60 Electra and it has never had serious problems with ANY system. It is a 401 Nailhead with a Dynaflow and feels like pudding in a cloud on the road. So YES, you can tow with a Dynaflow. Just keep it serviced properly.

• Like 1

My Grandmother subscribed to National Geographic when I was a kid. They used to run articles on Airstream tours and I liked picking out the cars hauling them.

A Memory Not Forgotten - Airstream

Not a lot of heavy duty muscle cars there.

The travel trailer owners in my town did usually have a standard shift car when the models were available.

Oh, trailers and anatomy were things I studied at Grandma's.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 7:04 AM, 60FlatTop said:

My Grandmother subscribed to National Geographic when I was a kid. They used to run articles on Airstream tours and I liked picking out the cars hauling them.

A Memory Not Forgotten - Airstream

Not a lot of heavy duty muscle cars there.

The travel trailer owners in my town did usually have a standard shift car when the models were available.

Oh, trailers and anatomy were things I studied at Grandma's.

Interesting image. Does anyone see a Buick?  I think I see a 55 Chevy, 56/7 Pontiac, 51-54 Desoto, and maybe a 56 Olds.  I don’t recognize any others. 

Back in the day most RV trailers were towed by cars but now it’s all trucks.  

On 3/29/2022 at 5:08 PM, 50ChevyFrank said:

Interesting image. Does anyone see a Buick?  I think I see a 55 Chevy, 56/7 Pontiac, 51-54 Desoto, and maybe a 56 Olds.  I don’t recognize any others. 

Back in the day most RV trailers were towed by cars but now it’s all trucks.  

People driving the Buicks stayed in the motor lodge!

• Haha 3