Car make 1912 aftermath Regina Cyclone

Mark Gregush

These photos were taken after the June 1912 tornado/cyclone in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Any ideas on the make of car. https://www.saskarchives.com/collections/exhibits/regina-cyclone-1912

Regina tornado back side post cards.jpg

Rigina June 1912 tornado.jpg

If you look at the pictures in the link, there is another very twisted car in one of them. Different car, but that one is way beyond ID'ing. The 1912 "20" Flanders looks to have different doors, and from what I looked at, the rear springs looked flatter.

Little off the topic, but looking at the photos in the link, I think the one that shows the grain elevator "[R-A26148] View of damage in rail yard after the cyclone, including overturned building of Winnipeg Elevator Co. Ltd.", is in my OP, the most surreal out all the others. Shows the power of the storm, the massive size compared to the box cars, and just what those storms can do.

I think the car in the original photo could be a 1912 Reo.  The radiator shape, doors and rear springs are a pretty good match to the photos below.  I'm pretty sure it is not a Flanders.   The Flanders radiator and hood have flat "flutes" on each side and do not have a gentle slope from the top to the side panel like the original photo.

1912 Reo

1912 Reo - 1.jpg

1912 Reo

1912 Reo - 2.jpg

1912 Flanders

1912 Flanders.jpg

Edited by modela28 (see edit history)