1965 Dodge Monaco with a Factory 426SW and 4-speed

I think this is pretty cool.    It falls in to the my category of wishing I had it just the way it sits back in HS.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125041676596

You are looking at possibly one of the rarest 1965 Dodge's let alone a "C" body still left in existence. This is factory equipped with a 426 Street Wedge(rated 365 horsepower) and a 4- speed. Car comes with its VIN tag and data plate. It does not have a broadcast sheet, however I do have a copy of the original Build Tag from Chrysler Historical showing that it is a matching real deal car. Good luck finding another real one, this is the only one I have come across in 14 years. There is one that surfaced in Oregon but once the owner was pressed he said he has no tag and he thinks the motor was swapped in at some point. Mine is 100% verifiable. Also comes with a clean title in my name. The sequence number on this car is 10031, meaning it was a VERY early build car.

The car does run and move about on its' own, so it can be driven onto/into a trailer. It is NOT roadworthy. As you can see from the pics it will need a restoration to bring it back to show condition. The floor pans and stub/sub frames are rock solid, there is of course surface rust on the under carriage. Car did have undercoating. I have shown the minimal rust in the trunk in the accompanying photos. I would say that the trunk could probably just be patched, don't think a whole pan is required. As for the sheet metal, except for the driver side rear quarter panel, I have all rust free factory metal for replacements/patches.......including hood,cowl piece by wipers,doors(both),front fenders(driver side NOS),and a full(inner and outer)passenger side rear quarter panel. Pictured is the original 17" chrome air cleaner with base(which is usually missing).The auction also includes a ton of NOS and used parts that have been collected for the resurrection of this rare beast. You will more than likely need a full size van at minimum or possibly a small box truck to haul the parts. Some of the NOS include head light bezels,full tail light assemblies,name plates,full trunk finish panel(minus the red plastic lenses...have nice used),back up light kit for a 4-speed,etc. Have plenty of used trim, rocker moldings,good front bumper for rechrome or core,real nice front grille,correct windshield from OEM Glass, etc. I also have a numbers correct date coded carb for it. Also comes with a bunch of literature, including road test articles, dealer brochures, shop manual, factory parts catalog, and dealer showroom option books among other items. 

Please ask ANY and ALL questions BEFORE you decide to bid. I will try to get back to you ASAP. You are more than welcome to come see the car before bidding if you so choose. Buyer is responsible for pick up/ shipping of car and parts. I will help with the process as much as possible. Thanks for looking!

Image 2 - 1965 Dodge Monaco

Image 6 - 1965 Dodge Monaco

Image 8 - 1965 Dodge Monaco

Image 9 - 1965 Dodge Monaco

• Like 3

I really like the dashboards on these Monacos.  Nice deep coves housing the instruments lend a sporty look to the interior.  This is the first one I've seen with a 4-speed shifter, and it looks all business.

I think I have read that these cars were meant to compete in the Pontiac price range at the time of their production.  Whether or not they were serious competition for that brand may be up for debate, but their interiors were pretty spiffy.

It needs lots of help, but I do like this car.

15 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

Unusual, but probably the ugliest styling of the 60's Mopars.

I don’t know about that: image.png.9b82f420faf4a905c3d9fa7a59df3cf6.png

Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I apologize to those who like the Dart above.

I like the original subject car.  I’m with alsancle - this looks like what we drove in high school.  Primer, rust, etc.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) none of my crew had a 426.  A slant six, a couple of 318s, one 455 but it was in a heavy Electra, etc.  Fastest in my crew was the AMX with a 390 and four speed.  

• Like 2

This is very cool!  One kid had a comet with a bb Ford 4 speed, for CT folks it came out of the Gallant family who own Don's Speed shop in Newington.  Unusual car even for 1980.  Butt ugly but all engine.  Never did see if he could take my pal's SS 402 Chevelle, everything was fresh on that one.  We had our share of 318, 307, 289 etc. With some goers stuck in there.

• Like 1

I said this in other threads, in our parking lot the distinction was the four-speed. By the late 70s early 80s the stick was almost nonexistent. We had a 77 Trans Am with a 400 four-speed. We had a kid with a 74 nova, with a 350 four-speed from a vette.  Last one was a 68 Fairlane with a 390 4 speed. And then we had a lot of automatic transmissions. My GTO with a four-speed wouldn’t be ready till well after I graduated.

This car would have been viewed as very cool.

This reminds me of the saab sonnet That sold last week. Something pretty cool, or at least interesting, around 10 K. I always fail to pull the trigger, because I think I’ll get it home and drive around the block and be disappointed. It’s also another mouth to feed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

This reminds me of the saab sonnet That sold last week. Something pretty cool, or at least interesting, around 10 K. I always fail to pull the trigger, because I think I’ll get it home and drive around the block and be disappointed. It’s also another mouth to feed.

That would be a very different drive around the block, no?

20 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

That would be a very different drive around the block, no?

from the Saab?  Two different worlds Steve. Guaranteed the Sonnet would disappoint me, but it was pretty nice. This car would probably only disappoint me in the sense that I realize I’m about to pour a ton of money into it once I got it back home.