ford woodywagons not mine in pittsburgh pa

Quoted from the ad:

"Titles can't be found, but if need be we can make arrangements to request a duplicated title, but it may take a little time. We have a will that gives them to my wife from her father so getting a title won't be difficult just a little time consuming."

So, question of the day is, why not get the titles BEFORE trying to sell them?????

I think it would help in selling to any prospective buyer(s)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

So, question of the day is, why not get the titles BEFORE trying to sell them?????

I think it would help in selling to any prospective buyer(s)

Amen. This "we can make arrangements to straighten out title problems" shtick is a red flag on a red flag in a truck load of red flags. In my book, such a statement means the seller probably can't be trusted on much else he says, either.

Also, the last time I posted one of these woodies in the not-mine forum, I was informed that the wood kits for these wagons are about $13,000 each. If that's true, you'll be spending a lot more on the wood than the cars.  Too bad...I really do like these wagons.

• Like 2

One would have 26k getting the wood finished!  'If not sold they will be transported to Fla and listed for almost double' ?  Not sure about the reasoning with that one. I have a car without a title and have been told that with the attorneys papers, and a petition to the court I should be able to get one. We shall see. But I didnt pay anything. I would hate to be out 15k trying to do so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JMAV8FORD said:

I looked at the cars last night because they are close by, and said no thank you.  The cars are sold today, as is where is, and are going to New York.  Who woulda thunk?

Strange but some people have a lot of money.  I don’t.  I know these woodies, the 1949-1951 Fords, have a strong Hot Rod following.  

12 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

"I looked at the cars last night because they are close by, and said no thank you.  The cars are sold today, as is where is, and are going to New York.  Who woulda thunk?"

Strange but some people have a lot of money.  I don’t.  I know these woodies, the 1949-1951 Fords, have a strong Hot Rod following.  

If I remember correctly, NY is one of those states that doesn't require titles for old cars, though I don't know how that would work for bringing in a vehicle from out of state. No, the absence of a title may not be a big deal in places like that, but for the millions of people who live in places like I live, a legit title is the difference between a road-able car and an $8,000 lawn ornament. It's possible the PA seller isn't aware of that, but I presume the worst about sellers who promise to do something after the sale is made.