Any idea what car this is? picture 1908

JoséH

Foreign license, not sure which country. Argentina?  Most certainly not as early as 1908 unless it's something rebodied and photod later. 

Terry

If it's as early as 1908 it's been rebodied, probably much later.  I'm not convinced the photo was taken in 1908.  According to what I've read about license plates in the Netherlands, the "registration number" remained with the owner, not the vehicle.

The Netherlands introduced a system of vehicle registration plates on 26 April 1898–the third country in the world to do so, after France in 1893 and Germany in 1896. A plate bearing the number 1 was issued to one J. van Dam, who purchased the first Dutch-built motorcar.  Plate numbers stayed with the owner, unlike the present system. From 1906, a new system which added a province code and serial number. This system lasted until 1951 when the current system was introduced.

If you've determined the registration number on the car was issued in 1908, it could have been transferred to another later car.

If i is a Berliet, I believe it is more likely a slightly newer car or was rebodied - after 1908.  

Terry

6 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

If it's as early as 1908 it's been rebodied, probably much later.  I'm not convinced the photo was taken in 1908.  According to what I've read about license plates in the Netherlands, the "registration number" remained with the owner, not the vehicle.

The Netherlands introduced a system of vehicle registration plates on 26 April 1898–the third country in the world to do so, after France in 1893 and Germany in 1896. A plate bearing the number 1 was issued to one J. van Dam, who purchased the first Dutch-built motorcar.  Plate numbers stayed with the owner, unlike the present system. From 1906, a new system which added a province code and serial number. This system lasted until 1951 when the current system was introduced.

If you've determined the registration number on the car was issued in 1908, it could have been transferred to another later car.

If i is a Berliet, I believe it is more likely a slightly newer car or was rebodied - after 1908.  

Terry

I think this is a plausible explanation.  The car is a Berliet but definitely later than 1908.  It has flush mounted electric cowl lights.  No 1908 car had electric lights.  The radiator shell is painted.  In 1908 Berlet had brass rad shells.  The fenders are contoured, 1908 fenders are flat.  And then there are the front doors.  This body is definitely later than 1908.  The other thing to look at is the women's hats.  In the upper photo the hats date from about the late teens.  In the lower photo the wide brimmed hat dates from 1912-15, the other closer to 1920.