For Sale:  1939 Plymouth 4dr Sedan - $13,500 - Ruidoso, NM - Not Mine

For Sale: 1939 Plymouth 4dr Sedan - $13,500 - Ruidoso, NM

1939 Plymouth - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

One owner for over 50 years. From dry dry west Texas so NO NO rust !!!!! Starts right up and runs good. No major problems. Very very solid. $13,500.   odometer: 62000

Copy and paste in your email:   80ff473b44a73088bf1cb5c49d1fcdaa@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1939 Plymouth 4dr Sedan.

'39 Plymouth NM a.jpg

'39 Plymouth NM b.jpg

'39 Plymouth NM c.jpg

'39 Plymouth NM d.jpg

'39 Plymouth NM e.jpg

'39 Plymouth NM f.jpg

'39 Plymouth NM g.jpg

• Like 2

The red kind of shouts out "look at me" but it is a real nice car. The engine is detailed and clean. The dash looks interesting, it's hard to see with blurry pics but it looks like its textured. The tires may be wider than original, a little much, but it could be that they were trying to get the height dialed in close to stock.

• Like 1

The last photo, the one of the firewall, shows a much more sedate and reasonable original color. You'll note that in that shot there appears to be a fitting and tube for a gas heater. It would be a surprise to me if that's the case. These non-Fords lent themselves to hot water heaters pretty easily. Still, there was nothing hotter than a gas heater.

57 minutes ago, supercub said:

How is gas combustion vented?

http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2019/06/the-stewart-warner-company-made-south.html

They were/are popular on aircraft where a hot water heater isnt an option.   

They were installed on WWII bombers.