Trying to find a accelerator pedal that uses ball studs

autonut

Why is it when trying to find a accelerator pedal that uses ball studs for the bottom hinge, I get hit after hit for the ball stud but none for the pedal??  Tried to search different ways but always the same. Doesn't anyone produce a pedal that has ball sockets to fit into the ball studs?

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Lee Noga

• Ronnie changed the title to Trying to find a accelerator pedal that uses ball studs

I know the Dodge trucks from the mid to late 40s used ball studs for the bottom hinge point.  The top hinge point is a ball on the end of the accelerator rod. I think that Roberts Motor Parts carries these pedals as reproductions because I bought one from them for my 1947 Dodge truck..     

There are wide variations, and not just any pedal will work. There used to be some on ebay with a bunch of different ball sockets to fit several types of cars, but I haven't seen those lately. You probably need to go by make and model. Steele rubber can re-mold some of them if you have the old pedal for them to salvage the core out of. Good luck.