2021 Westlake, Texas Car Show

TexRiv_63

After almost two years of car gathering drought I was very fortunate to attend the Westlake show this past Saturday. They were celebrating their 10th anniversary and I have been to about half of those, but it was canceled last year. The weather cooperated and gave us a cool and totally clear day and they had a great turnout of about 100 cars, most of which were very high quality. They expanded their age range to 1900 - 1969 this year so there was a lot to see. The prewar era was well represented by everything from Model A Fords to Rolls-Royces, and even a fabulous blower Bentley. Later models included everything from 50s cruisers to a 1969 Hemi Charger. Here is a sampling:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

cont1.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pmhowe said:

The Bentley would top my list, too.

I was intrigued by the white Packard convertible coupe. Would that be a conversion from a fixed roof coupe? The three hinge door arrangement looks strange to me.

The landau irons are also ridiculously wrong.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pmhowe said:

The Bentley would top my list, too.

I was intrigued by the white Packard convertible coupe. Would that be a conversion from a fixed roof coupe? The three hinge door arrangement looks strange to me.

I believe the Packard convertible coupe (not a conversion) or "Cabriolet" is the 1928 6-cylinder version.  I can't remember what the model number is and the car was for sale a while back in Hemming's too.

Capt. Harley😉

Skirts are for women and not car fenders!

19 hours ago, Captain Harley said:

I believe the Packard convertible coupe (not a conversion) or "Cabriolet" is the 1928 6-cylinder version.  I can't remember what the model number is and the car was for sale a while back in Hemming's too.

Capt. Harley😉

Skirts are for women and not car fenders!

Unfortunately I did not take many pictures of the white car because I thought I already had at a previous show - turns out I was wrong! These are the only others, I have never seen hubcaps like those before. The owner also put every kind of Packard emblem on the front. 

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

One surprising and slightly alarming thing I noticed at this show was how many cars with wide whitewall tires had dirty or cracked whitewalls. Dirty always surprises me since the whitewall is such a noticeable part of a classic but cracked indicates age damage and makes me hope this car doesn't spend much time on the road. There were a large amount of trailers on site so maybe....

pack4.JPG

• Like 1