1967 Wildcat

60s GM Fan

Due to the ethanol'd fuels, check the date codes on ALL of the fuel line rubber hose items between the tank and the carb.  If they look very aged, then new ones are advised BEFORE something happens and they start to leak.  Or did the prior owner change them already?

Same color as my '68 5467.  Looks really good!  Congrats!

NTX5467

• Like 1

Went into their website and looked at the pictures.  Sold by the same dealer in Dallas that my '68 was sold at.  Apparently, somewhere along the line, it was later re-sold by one of the Bill McDavid dealerships in TX, hence the dealer ID plate on the deck lid. 

Same exterior blue, but mine has a blue interior and whtie top.  Mine is not in the same condition as yours' is, though.  Probably someday, though.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

• Like 1

Great looking  example- and i like the colour---looks like Sapphire Blue  D  .

good luck.

• Like 1

That's a great car and the same color as my 67 Electra, definitely Sapphire Blue.  The white interior looks great too.  I can't answer your question on the battery, but I went with a Diehard Gold battery for the Electra and it has never let me down.   Does the Wildcat have A/C?  I ask as with A/C you received the "HD cooling option" that included a fan shroud.  I know of other 67 Wildcat's without the HD cooling that have had overheating problems, so you may want to pay attention to the condition of the radiator and perhaps budget to recore the original, and maybe find a fan shroud and top plate to replace the original finger protection.  My Electra has the shroud and I did recore the radiator several years ago and I've never had an overheating issue. 

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Its definitely the factory paint.  My 1966 Had similar quality paint but it wasn't quite as nice as this.  It'll need a repaint sometime in the future but for now she's going to be a nice driver.  I love how the 430 purrrs away when cruising.  Almost no drone when light on the throttle but when you hit it she lets you know shes got umph!

• Like 2

You will be really proud of  your new classic, i know your  comment when driving  a 430ci,

they are  great to drive,  you will have to keep an eye out for  a passenger  side mirror,

i fitted one to my  64 Electra convertible----a lot easy to get in and out of garage  now.

and when passing, especially here  in Australia   on the other side of the road ,being  all other cars

right hand drive.---Happy Motoring 60s Buick Fan--.

• Thanks 1